1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do we rank in the West today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 9, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

It seems like west is getting stronger every year. Just like the last year, anything from 2 to 7 wouldn't surprise me at all. I think we're about 4-5 realistically, because Spurs and Clipps got better, so did Memphis. I think GSW will get injuries and they are total unknown for me. Also OKC should be healthy and top seed in NBA.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets were a powerful team last year, even before we got Josh Smith and Corey Brewer. At the same time Dwight Howard and Terrence Jones who were both playing were out. Imagine if they never got injured. I think we might be better than some of us may think.

3. Omron

Omron Member

Rockets imo based on how it's currently constructed is not going to go as far as this past season. My prediction is a 1st round exit and Mchale gets fired. They were one 4th quarter away from exiting in the 2nd round before they sucker punched the Clippers.

1. Warriors
    2. Spurs
    3. Clippers
    4. Thunder
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Rockets
    7. Pelicans
    8. Doesn't matter

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Top 4 team no doubt. We know how to win in the regular season.

5. PointZero

PointZero Member

4. Clippers
    5. Rockets

I doubt the Rockets end this high, but the Clippers would take the series 4-1/4-0. Thanks, Daryl. The team that made it to the West Finals in 2015 (and was a good PG away from the NBA Finals) regresses and falls to the middle of the pack in 2016. No Josh Smith. Still no point guard.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

With getting Lawson for practically nothing the rockets may gave had one of the best off seasons of anyone. Good things come to those that wait.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1. Spurs
    2. Rockets
    3. Warriors

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If the team can stay healthy and Lawson gets his head together I fear no one. They finally have the horses to go against anyone.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

You people overreact too much. At least wait until the offseason is over before you can b**** about the roster.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

With additions of Lawson and KJ and Bev going to the bench I think we are right back up there with LAC and GSW. A few days ago not so much. Amazing what a few additions can do.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Warriors, Clippers, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder. Any of these teams could win the conference, lets just see how the season plays out with injuries, hope for the best, and enjoy the ride. I'm excited!! Everyone team got better, but the roster we have now is MILES ahead of the team we made the WCF's with. No reason not to be optimistic.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

As of OP (7/15): Not very well. Need a playmaking PG.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

My only concern is health, they are now loaded 1-5 and that includes the bench. Most concerned about dwight's knee, dmo's back, and lawson's liver.

1 person likes this.
  14. Raven

Raven Member

If Dwight can stay healthy, the Rockets will remain a too four seed, and I don't think the current roster will be the training camp roster. I bet Morey makes another move before media day.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

You thinking a big splash type move, or a slight improvement? I think were pretty good right now, I can see us making some moves around TD but don't think our roster currently needs much more work.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Let's just pray he doesn't get a massive suspension and pray for him not to mess up here in TEXAS...

Another DUI and I think his NBA career could be over.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think would move them back to 2nd.

Lawson Harden Howard Jones and Ariza might be best starting unit in the nba.

18. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

i think the spurs will be worse. hurt their depth, not a good perimeter and 3 of top nine are running on fumes. i think they will be 5th in west and lose in first round. over rated summer

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why do people keep putting jones in the starting lineup ? Assuming he is healthy DMO is 100% the starter . Also Lawson should come off the bench .

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Warriors
    Rockets
    Okc
    Spurs
    Clips
    Grizz
    Pelicans
    Jazz