1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign KJ McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AFS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I don't expect Prigs guarantee date to be that big of a deal. Worst comes to worst the Rockets just include some of the $3 million in cash they can include in trades to offset Prigs/Dorsey's salaries.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This.

...he can easily develop into a better version of Corey Brewer with a little more court time/coaching and if he can manage to pull his jumper together, he can be a better finisher and more athletic version of Ariza. As it is, he's basically a better basketball IQ version of a young Gerald Green at the moment. Green never really panned out but at 3million/per(dirt cheap with the new salary cap) for McDaniels, there will be someone willing to take a flyer on him based on his potential for at least the next 3 years.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

I remember a time where all we had was Garcia at backup wing. Then had to reach and trade books to get Hamilton we needed someone so bad.

Now it's one of our deepest positions! so morey will for sure have some assets as time goes on this year when a team needs a wing.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His partial guaranteed amount is about 290K, less amount than the car that Bev bought.

I don't really think Les will give a f**k about it.

5. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

So, KJ+TJones+Kpap=~$10 mil for trade purposes. Nice.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Never said that. The NBA has weird market valuations for over the hill veterans who are coming off of productive seasons much like Marion last Summer. No way one would think the Mavs and Marion wouldn't have found a way to bring him back even after signing Parsons.

For some reason NBA GMs might be thinking that Terry would decline a lot this year and only offer vet min deals with no guarantees. It happens my friend. It's a tough business.

I'd actually like to have Terry back but I sort of worry about the whole coaches comfort foods symptom. In order for the team to move forward they need to figure something else out long term or Pat Bev needs to improve quite a bit.

You could be in a situation where there is separation in what the front office wants and what the coach trusts that could lead to the front office either not wanting him back or only bringing him back with strict stipulations (vet min and no guarantees).

#166 dobro1229, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Can't be traded before Dec 15 FYI, and i doubt they resigned him just to trade him. I'd brace for this to be another development year for KJ with real PT only coming after injuries or next season. IMO based on the contract they are treating this as drafting a lottery pick.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Too bad we didn't get to see him play much. I hope he gets time this year somehow.

I remember watching this live.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j7IVGp-EMjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Garner

Garner Member

Such a unique highlight. So sick

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It is happening !?

11. seeingred

seeingred Member

i've never seen anything like that before.

:grin:

12. PointZero

PointZero Member

McDaniels is short. 6'4.5". Height of a guard, but an undersized small forward. Doesn't have the handle or shooting ability to play guard. He cannot replace the taller Brewer or Ariza who is a 6'7"/6'8" and very long.

Second round pick last year.

13. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for this. For a minute there, I had no idea who this guy was.

14. mightybosstone

I'm not sure how much McDaniels and Harrell will cost in total, but is it possible Morey will have enough of the MLE left over afterward to sign Alan Williams? If so, that's another solid perk to this deal.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Everyone always wants our bench guys to get more playing time so they can improve. But if McHale plays the young guys and they don't play well, or they cause a loss, then it's that guy sucks and fire Mcfail.

16. PointZero

PointZero Member

SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker
    SG: James Harden, Corey Brewer, Marcus Thornton

No place in the SG/SF rotation for him. Rockets will find minutes? Nice job, Daryl. He, along with Sam Dekker, should play big roles in beating Golden State and the Clippers in next year's 2016 playoffs.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Dekker will be living by the border all season. RGV

[​IMG]

18. do work son

do work son Member

yes he can because we didn't match any offer sheet. since we signed him, i believe we can trade him whenever.

with that said, you don't sign a guy to a steal contract just to trade.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's 6'6, has a 6'11.25 wingspan and a 37 inch vertical

He can play SF without a problem.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Pair this guy with Harden on the floor instead of wasting time trying to use semi useless point guards we 've