1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OK, A question for we Rocket Fans who are kinda bored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Olajumus Prime, Aug 9, 2003.

1. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

Ok, I got quite a few:

-Cuttino Mobley last year walking through Saks in the Galleria. He was wearing a Chicago Bears jersey and had his head down listening to his head phones. I walked up to him and just started talking to him. Had a pretty nice 5 minute conversation with him. It was during the NFL playoffs and he was asking me the score of the Tampa Bay v. San Fran game. He apparently lost some money to Mo Taylor on that one.

-Matt Maloney a ton of times at the Bronx Bar in the village. Dude would show up with an entourage in a limo. I got some really drunk girl to go up to him and call him Brent Price. That was fun.

-Rudy T at Blockbuster on Westheimer and Chimney Rock. He was renting "200 Cigarettes" and wasn't wearing any socks.

-Hakeem Olajuwon at my dentist's office. I got his autograph. He's pretty tall.

-Don Chaney in a NY airport getting on a flight to Houston. This was just a couple of years ago, well past his Houston coaching days.

-Cedric Maxwell picking up a to-go order at The Blackeyed Pea on Bellaire. I was wondering if he got some cornbread while he was there.

-I saw Sherryl Swoopes at Neiman Marcus in the Galleria. Not terribly attractive in person.

-I saw Calvin Murphy at Planet Music (which doesn't exist anymore) in Meyerland Plaza. I got his autograph and he signed it "Calvin Murphy, #23, Hall of Fame".

-This is my favorite...Elmer Bennett at the Bellaire Basketball Banquet. He was standing in line to get some BBQ, and I went up and got his autograph. I've never been happier than when he signed those 2 10-day contracts with the rockets. I was actually at a game where he got some PT and hit a 3. Best game ever.

2. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

I saw Kelvin Cato at the Momentum BMW dealership off of 59 a year ago. He was obviously really tall, but had a small head.

Non Rockets - Tracy McGrady right as he was coming out of a bathroom at the Las Vegas airport. I said, "Hey, Tracy McGrady," and he acknowledged me with a I'm a cool guy look.

Also in Vegas, I saw MJ at the Bellagio walking with his wife and a body guard July 4th weekend a few years ago. My friends and I saw him first and followed him for a good 30 seconds before other people started seeing him. A whole mess of people started trailing him before he made it to a down escalator to a restaurant.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

:) good one, but make sure if ur child r smart enough to go to a high school.:rolleyes:

#43 LegendZ3, Aug 11, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2003
  4. tolbertmc

tolbertmc Contributing Member

(didn't bother Steve cuz he was with his girl)

Gotta ask....was it Beyonce?

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

I saw Kenny Smith, Cadillac Anderson, Moses Malone and Tim Breaux playing ball at Waltrip High School a few years ago.

I met Joaquin Hawkins at the Harlem Globetrotters game. My dad is friends with a preacher that he knows out in Compton, California.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley at San Jacinto Dorms in UT last summer when they had training camp in austin. Steve was testing out his game on some girl. He was wearing a Priest Holmes jersey and i followed him to his car. I think he thought i was a stalker cuz he gave me a weird look. hahahaha.. I'm not sure but i think he was driving a black hummer

7. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Moses Malone and Shawn Kemp play basketball at my brother's high school "Lutheran High North". About 2 minutes from Waltrip.

Also the Globetrotters have practiced there a few times.

8. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

One of the Rockets Cheerleaders was a teacher in my school.

9. Olajumus Prime

oh Yeah I did see Matt Maloney at the First Colony AMC, he came in about 15 minutes after the Matrix started, (Matrix 1) .,and then left 5 minutes after he got there, he must of hated the movie, he was there a whopping 5 minutes, and in that 5 minutes, he had the usher bring him all kinds of food....

I also saw Bryce Drew and 2 of his buddies, at Polyesters...he was pretty damn tall, and he also was dressed pimp style, like some kind of mustard yellow slacks, and dress shoes with no socks.....

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I took a leak next to Matt Maloney at the Roxy.

11. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

i saw hakeem once (or so my parents tell me) at lubys when i was 2 or 3.

i got to meet hakeem in person, shake hands, get my jersey autographed (old red and white) etc about 8 years ago at some compaq signing thing. one of my friends mom had connections....it was way awesome. if i find the picture, ill scan it and post it.

I met tony parker at the airport last year after the spurs lost in the finals...hes was shorter than me! he was going back to france.

12. OrangeCountyCA

I saw Rudy T. at an Italian Festical in Houson about six years ago(1996).

I say Cuttino M. in Memorial Mall in Houston about 3 years ago, when I used to work in one of the stores.

I went to High School with Rashard Lewis my freshman year in Elsik High. I must have seen him a couple of times. He was always sorrounded by a bunch of his body. At that time I didn't know he was going to NBA the next year, so didn't know he was a big deal and all...

13. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

is this supposed to be intelligible?

14. typhoon

typhoon Member

I saw TMO, Francis, Posey and the Cat at Cabo's on Richmond. This girl came up to Cat and said "Do you remember me?" He was like yeah, then she said "What's my name?" He gave her this look like "I don't remeber none of my Beeeeotches names! I don't Luv Dem HOES!!!"

I also so TJ Ford and Mario Ellie at the Jay-Z concert last week.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

The Roxy used to be the hot spot for seeing players. When Barkley was here I would see him and hangout with him every Tuesday night. One night after a Portland game I saw Cato, Willis, Sheed, Augmon, Stoudamire, Cat, Kenny Smith, and ole man Jones. Another night there I talked to Sam mack and Tim Breaux, they were just chillin and no one even knew who they were. Another night I saw Serge Zwikker looking like a idiot upstairs. My favorite Roxy story was the night we met Jose Lima and then walked next door to the Double Tree and partied all night. My friend met Darrel Ward when he sold him an ounce of weed, not kidding either. One night were going into the Colorado strip club and Rodrick Rhodes walked by us and gave me a cool hand shake. While working at the Aquarium I met Clyde D and his wife. Also there I met Booker T whom I used to frequently workout with at 24HR Fitness on Nasa One and also met Ken "crackhead" Caminiti as well. About a month ago I played golf at Memorial Park one group behind Rudy T and antoher guy. My best story which I have told on the board before is the Maloney night. One night about 3 AM after parting in H-town me and my ex went to Lukes Burgers, used to beside Galleria Dilliards. Matt and his brother stumbled in and my girl wanted to meet Matt so I waived him over and he jsut sat down and started talking to us. While we were talking his brother was running his mouth to some black guy who eventually punched him. I got up and pulled the guy off his brother and Matt just sat there like a puss. Matt invited us back to his place in Sugarland but hurried out after the altercation. Never thought I would have to take up for a pro player of any sport. Last story was back in 94 when one night I saw Barkley and Dan Majeale at the Mens Club a night before they played and got beat by Rockets. they had a few ladies on them. Oh yeah, I won a trip to the Superbowl last year from Motorola, I worked for Verizon Wireless at the time. They flew us there for 4 days and gave us 2 tickets in the nose bleed zone of Quallcom but it was awesome. I got pics with the Fridge and Marcus Allen at the game. But the best part was our guest speakers, the first night Motorola opened up Seaworld for like 40 of us and we all got hangout with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner. I got pics standing between them. The next night our speaker was Emmit Smith and I took a pic with him and his sexy wife. The last day our speaker was Don Shula. I will post all pics if someone tells me how. Nice to meet all these guys but they are jsut like us, real people.:cool:

16. hyperflipboi

hyperflipboi Member

Saw Kelvin Cato and Mo Taylor at Hooters on Wilcrest last summer and got their autographs. Kelvin cato's huge he had to sit on two chairs. They were with a couple of their friends and they all looked High. I think cato and taylor didn't know they both were gonna be there cause they sat at different tables and taylor came in after catos group got their food.

my cousins uncle fixed up Kelvin Cato's Cadillac. His shop is called SABS.

Uncle suppousvley saw Charles Barkley in the restroom at the roxy's.

Saw Clyde Drexler at Oshmans in like 96 i think i was only 6 at that time i got a shirt hat and poster autographed.

Friend suppousvley saw francis ming and mobley at West Oaks.

Other friend saw ming's parents at galleria

Saw Moochie at Best Buy on Hwy 6 and westheimer. got his autograph lucky i had a pen and some sort of card in my pockets.

Cousin saw mad maxx and kenny smith when kenny smith opened up his store when first colony a while back

I think i saw glen rice at amc 30 i think dunnville we were entering the theathers and my cousin said theres glen rice and i looked but i think it was him.

Saw a texans player at First colony mall last summer i think it was Jamie Sharper wasnt sure. so i didnt go up to him and ask

Saw Method man and Brittney Spears on Rodeo Dr. when i was in Cali last month.

17. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

WHOA IF I WERE YOU I WOULD BURN THAT CARD... it probably will cost -100 dollars in the future.... MOOCHIE WAS SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY FOR THE ROCKETS

18. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

whats wrong with viking red? dulles isnt a bad school....sure we havent had a good football team in 10 years, but neither has clements :)

19. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I believe that answers your question.

The difference between Clements and Dulles: basic understanding of the English language.

20. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

it's all about KEMPNER.