1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-2016= Punt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

What? Up his trade value? You think he is suddenly going to start playing really great?

Hey, I'm a TJones fan. But, I think by now everyone in the NBA knows what TJones is.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Who knew it was the end of the world because we lost Josh freaking Smith (even though we're going to get DMo back which is a significant upgrade over him)?

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Only way I see that happening is if Rockets don't want him back.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Oh, and why would we punt on the season? We really aren't in a position to do any punting. You think Harden is going to say to punt on the season?

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

How is this a disaster of an offseason? We resigned Bev, Brew too extremely team friendly deals comparable to the ridiculous contracts being handed out across the league, had a fantastic draft, got a 3pt shooter we needed and still have the exceptions left to lock up KJ and maybe someone else.

Losing Josh Smith isn't the end of the world.

6. varughese.arun

Chill... He is replaceable. No need to waste MLE. Chess, not checkers.
    Rockets are going to make it back to WCF next season.
    The Clippers are going to expect Smith to contribute, and he won't live up to those expectations. As always, every play will run through Chris Paul. Josh won't be able to bring the ball up court, and play as freely as he did while he was with the Rockets. Basically, Josh Smith is going to suck with clippers.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly part of me believes this as well, but it's really not much of a concern at this point.

8. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

Yes, D-Mo can replace the points & rebounds that Josh brought to the team, but what about play making? That is one of the primary reasons why he was so valuable to our team, & why losing him hurts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cS-4u6LkW7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not too comfortable with this idea of waiting until mid-season to make a move. As many have said, playoff seeding was HUGE last season, so we shouldn't discount the value of a few, potential, early season tough wins when the difference between the 2 & 6 seed was a single game.

The bottom line is that the teams that we are going to have to go through to make it out of the Western Conference have either gotten better or maintained their core roster. We have done neither. Due to that reason, as of now, this offseason has been a failure. The good thing is we've only failed the midterm. Not the final.

Plus, given Morey's good track record, I'm still confident that he will make an upgrade eventually.

Afterall...
    [​IMG]

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It will be the most funniest thing ever happened to NBA if :

Josh will have a clash with Lance in the locker room and CP3 also got involved and DJ joining the party also and then Doc proceed to waive Josh,

and he proceed to resign with the Rockets for the remainder of the season and then kicked the Clip's ass again in the second round.

Let's make this happen.

10. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Who voted this thread a 2? I only voted 1 because there was no negative numbers!!:grin:

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I am not happy that Smith left, but if it is true that he left money on the table to play somewhere else, then the fault lies with him rather than Morey.

Hopefully Morey will go through his plan c, d, and e, and replenish some of the talent gone. I think with Smith gone, things will move at a quicker pace now.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's not that we lost Josh smith that hurts (it does) but he litterly signed to the clippers who play in the west and are now really really deep. All jokes aside and I'm a big homer they are flat out better than us.... Harden is still the best player out of anyone on the clippers and rockets but Blake and cp3 are better or atleast equal to Dwight then they have that Jordan guy.

Rockets better have something up their sleeves because outside of DMO making that jump to allstar caliber player with a legit mid range game to run pick and pop were not better on paper then the clippers spurs and GSW and I'll admit I'm not as high on the spurs as others I really think they could flop.

I think houston can and will win enough games to even nab a 2nd seed if all healthy this year but come playoffs we don't have the firepower offensively to beat the clips or the GSW IMO. We need another big time player to push us over the top if we want to be title favorites. Dwight's good and if he had a jumper I'd say the rockets would be the favorites of any team in the league but as we all no he does not.

1 person likes this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I agree. Regardless of fault, losing Smith is huge, much bigger loss than most folks realize. For example, Smith was counted on to defend players such as LMA.

14. soupman

soupman Member

Welcome to your Houston Rockets for opening night:

Beverley Terry Johnson
    Harden Thornton McDaniels?
    Ariza Brewer Dekker
    Motiejunas Jones Harrell
    Howard Capela Dorsey

Having said that, if Terry has another year in the tank and Johnson can spell him, if we avoid serious injury to Harden, Beverley, or Howard, we should be just fine. Actually, that second unit would be fun to watch.

15. dmoneybangbang

Yea because we were so thin at PF..... I'd like Smith back, but I'm not that hurt by the loss but more that he went to the Clippers.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I can't wait to know why? Why would you take less money, seemingly less playing time, on a team that went less further in the playoffs?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol @ less further

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lmao taking a season after making the WCFs because we lose Josh Smith..

seriously

19. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

How is it on Morey for a guy to take LESS money, LESS freedom, and LESS minutes?

This is all on Josh Smith.

20. conquistador#11

I think kicking the ball gets you a technical foul.