1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's kid will be an American? Or Chinese?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Montrealjumpman, Aug 9, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montrealjumpman

Is it cool to imagine, Yao's kid to play in NCAA/NBA 20 years later? Then which country will he/she play for?

2. Montrealjumpman

Another question, is KOBE the only guy who's father achieved much less than him in the league?

3. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

It depends on where the kid is born. If the kid is born here he/she would be a American and obviously play for the U.S. If the kid is born in China then he/she would play for the Chinese national team.

4. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I'll switch it around for you.

Dolph Schayes > Danny Schayes

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

not necessarily buzz, it's called dual citizenship.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When does the season start?

7. oj411

oj411 Member

Cant be a dual citizen if you part of the PRC I had to choose one or the other.

8. Sane

Sane Member

He'll be Chinese, and if he has to choose, I think he will MOST probably choose Chinese.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ed Manning and Danny Manning?

soon to be...

Dajuan Wagner & Milt Wagner

and possibly down the line...

Mike Dunleavy Jr. & Mike Dunleavy?

10. Montrealjumpman

Well, it might not be so simple. It is said that if the kid first represents USA for any international game, he has to stick to his first choice in the rest of life.

Wish Yao has more kids, at least he can afford to pay penality against 1-child policy.

11. YoYao

YoYao Member

Yao would be penalitized for having 1 child! hehehehe

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

As far as I know, the only penalty these days for the one child is financial (i.e. taxes) but I think Yao can afford it. And it only comes into effect if you have 2 Chinese Citenzen children. I've know ppl who came to America, had 2nd child, and moved back with out much prob. I think it'll also be good for both sides, one playing for the Chinese team and one for the U.S., talk about must see TV :)

13. dn1282

dn1282 Member

First...I think that neither the USA or China allows dual citizenship. It's one or the other.

Second, it doesn't matter where his kid is born. All that matters is where he grows up. Those childhood and teenage years will play a large part of which country he chooses to be loyal to. There are lots of immigrants to the US who spent a large part of childhood and teenage years in the US...and I'm willing to be that more than 9/10 of them will choose to be American.

14. hgpan

hgpan Member

Best solution: Yao have at least two super boys with Ye Li, one for US, one for China, and they meet in the Olympic game.

15. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

American most likely,

If Yao is fooling around with the groupies...well

lets just say he'd have to make time for the child support court cases and the trips back to China.

16. YoYao

YoYao Member

talking about twin towers! hehehehe 2 8-footers and move like PF! :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

That is correct, as soon as a player OFFICIALLY represents a country, no matter if it is a SUB-13 team, but that person can only play for that country from then on. Granted he/she can become a citizen of another country WHENEVER he/she wants but you represent the country you first played for.

And if I am not mistaken, Yao can have as many kids as he wants and they can all represent different countries. But I really doubt that will happen! China will be for the MINGS.

Hey we got Kobe's kids...legit or not...they will be americans...lol :D

18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

im pretty sure that once ye li retires, her and yao's next job will be to breed the 2032 chinese olympic team.....mens and womens...

19. Montrealjumpman

Sounds a little sad in some way, seems that we already decided their kids should play basketball. Well, just like Yao, who once hated to play simply because of his abnormal height, soon his talent showed him that basketball is the mission that he should work on fore THE HUMANBEING. Then everything comes nature.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i know that the U.S. offers dual citizenship (at least to mexico).

if yao had children during his nba career than i bet they would be american. if he is not a "kemp" than his kid/s would probably be w/ him where ever he is. he is in the states from oct-june (soon enough). therefore, his children would go to school here. they would be as american as apple pie.

and what if he meets and falls in love w/ an american. a *gasp* CAPITALIST!:) in that case his kids would surely be amercian citizens.

this gets me thinking...go w/ me here.
    we need to hook up yao w/ some hot american women. the idea would be that if he married an american then he would stay here in the offseason instead of going to china. he would be ours, all ours...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

so if any posters have hot girlfriends now is the time to "take one for the team." thats right, give your girlfriends to yao! surely we can provide him w/ a plethora of fine ladies from which to choose his american bride. yao can only pick one, so someone will have a broken heart, but the rest of yall will all get your women returned after yao has rejected them. this way everyones happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.