1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn... neg rep.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Deron Williams to #lolmavs sounds inevitable, but definitely still worth a sales pitch on our end.

Hypothetically, he could be the starter on a team that just made the WC Finals. That has to count for something.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wow. Would absolutely love to have Dill now that he isn't attached to that contract. Sucks he's going to Dallas.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

paying the max to parsons with knee surgery, paying the max to matthews after rupturing a pretty major tendon in the foot... trading a pick for an 8 point 6 rebound center zaza, and now signing an over the hill williams with some type of leg problems i forget what, and dirk being a year older is A LOT of suffering.

seriously it's a comedy reel of moves over and over on repeat.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He's not looking for money or a ring. He wants to go home. Other teams can't give him that.

7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I'm really confused, if BKN wanted to stay out of the luxury tax, why did they sign Thad Young and Lopez?

8. fearthebeard13

In their defense though they only gave up a top 55 protected second round pick for Zaza which is nothing

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wonder how much under-the-table $$$ this cost Cuban.

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

The only avenue to is through trade. All I am saying is that a player like me Parsons even at his salary would be enough to help us contend given everything else on the roster. My post was about was that it was possible to retain Parsons and still get Ariza plus still have had the exceptions that netted Brewer and Smith.

I wonder if Morey, if knowing the Warriors collection of wings could win a title, would have just matched Parsons and rolled with a two year window for contention (both he and Howard would have opted out together). As it stands, the Rockets window with the current group is now (if Howard opts out seeking a max extension, the Rockets should move on as that deal has a major risk of going south by year 3).

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So many dumb moves lol

12. malakas

malakas Member

they think they are their core and this way they can attract stars next year. I'm not joking.

13. Airdough

Airdough Member

Cuban has the same problem Drayton had with the Astros, he doesn't know when to let go and start the rebuilding. The fanbase will understand and will trust him to lead a rebuilding effort but he keeps trying to retool on the fly in a stacked conference. The Jazz and Wolves might be going through some lean times right now but if their young players mature, they are going to be major forces within 3 years. The Mavs on the other hand are set up for perpetual mediocrity.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OFFICIAL: The HEAT announced they have signed free agent C/F Amar'e Stoudemire. More: <a href="http://t.co/45Ac9Byk2E">http://t.co/45Ac9Byk2E</a> <a href="http://t.co/M2XOKVeKka">pic.twitter.com/M2XOKVeKka</a></p>&mdash; Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/619621789736505344">July 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The Heat have put together a pretty nice team if Bosh is fully healthy. Should be able to get a top 3 seed

16. malakas

malakas Member

if they are healthy make it top.2. And that was even before they got bench improvements with green and amare.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did Morey get fired? But it was never made public?

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would like to sign some players

19. Fantasma Negro

**** it, I'm getting league pass

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Who is DWill's agent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.