1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. steady

steady Member

I hate Fegan. Always have. What he stands for, how he does business.

Same for Cuban/Mavs.

But what the Clips/DeAndre did, was terrible, and I would be surprised if Cuban did NOT sue.

Every word coming out of the Clips mouths is just making it worse, and making them look downright sad and pathetic.

Latest: Doc Rivers take on the whole situation

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clipp...t-need-to-call-mark-cuban-20150709-story.html

And the saddest part of it is if DeAndre was upset by CP3 freezing him out during huddles, he is going to have a rude awakening this year, when the entire League sees him as laughable. He is actually the person I feel the most sorry for. Weird I know.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">J.J. Redick gives details of Clippers' visit to DeAndre Jordan's home <a href="http://t.co/cDFLyYTQiB">http://t.co/cDFLyYTQiB</a></p>&mdash; Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) <a href="https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/619599723112960000">July 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not that weird, and I agree, in a way (in the way that does not include $88M that is). But my point is that many readers feel sorry for Lenny in Of Mice and Men too. It's normal.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Who in the hell left the gate open?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Jordan breaks twitter silence with a couple of (emoji-free) apologetic tweets <a href="http://t.co/ay2FIeEKND">pic.twitter.com/ay2FIeEKND</a></p>&mdash; J.A. Adande (@jadande) <a href="https://twitter.com/jadande/status/619674507775639552">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

6. malakas

malakas Member

I guess it takes less balls to type something in twitter than go and talk to the man face to face. Or even take a phonecall. Still a coward.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He just made a very good start though. And if you ask me, twitter takes more guts than a private phone call, given a worldwide and eternal audience for tweets.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The only way Mark Cuban gets DeAndre Jordan to join his team is if Jordan ends up on Shark Tank.

Even then, my money is on Kevin O'Leary stealing him from Cuban at the last minute.

#1668 Zboy, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  9. jacoby

jacoby Member

If you have a handshake agreement on a contract that would have made the man $80 million dollars, and then turn your back on your commitment only to ignore constant phone calls and text messages from a guy who is willing to give you that kind of money, it is gutless to do anything BUT speak to the guy face to face. Twitter is nothing. He can send a short message from his phone and still not have to face the music by the guy DeAndre screwed over.

I lost every ounce of respect for him.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Well said. Jordan is a nitwit.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Don't bother apologizing to Mavs fans DeAndre. You'll still getting booed like Pippen or Beltran did in Houston. You should just embrace the hate you'll receive and troll them.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How it went down <a href="http://t.co/7jQJ6OA0d4">http://t.co/7jQJ6OA0d4</a></p>&mdash; Paul Pierce (@paulpierce34) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/619703500793061377">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never had much respect for Jordan to begin with but Chandler Parsons can suck it

This time I am on Jordan's side but sure he should not develop that habit

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How would you feel if you learned your agent and Cuban had a pre-arranged deal to get you on the team without regard to your best interests and desires? What if your "hand shake deal" was just the culmination of their "hand shake deal" you knew nothing about? What about the agreement with your agent for representation in your best interests.

Jordan was failed by his agent, who happens to be a well known Cuban associate. It took a lot of guts to change his mind and back out of a bad deal. Props to Jordan for refusing to be played.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Remains to be seen if he fires Fegan though

16. JeffB

Supporting Member

He may or may not fire Fegan for any number of reasons. But he reportedly signed the deal in Fegan's absence. Take it for what it is worth.

And as players and Rivers have stated: agents are the ones who call ownership/GMs to decline or accept offers.

No one was angry with Jordan when he didn't call the Clippers to leave the team that drafted and developed him and was offering him as much money and had him as part of their core....

Like Fegan couldn't pick up the phone and do his job....

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, there's a lot we don't know judging by what Fegan pulled with Parsons. It's Fegan's job to deal with Cuban, Deandre shouldn't have weirdo owners showing up at this doorstep. Fegan is slime.

18. JeffB

Supporting Member

Whatever was going on, it was a failure on Fegan's part.

I, for one, am very suspicious of the Fegan-Cuban open secret. And I do find it telling that Fegan pretty much drops out of the scene once Jordan calls the Clippers himself to express his desire to return.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I thought I heard someone say that an agent had to finalize a contract. That being said, I'm sure Deandre could have used any agent.

20. MystikArkitect

So just to be clear, Cuban was trying to court a player to stay and proceeds to do so by insulting his home town?

Judging by how he acts he seems to have fallen backwards into his billions. So emotional and childish.