1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I wish I could find the blurb but Cuban said he hadnt heard from DJ after the verbal ok but there was something that said DJ hadnt heard at all from the Mavs since the verbal ok. I am sure that if true probably played a part like you go woo, wine and dine a guy like crazy and then dont say anything at all? He probably had second doubts arising from that in addition to Fegan trying to push his own agenda.

Look I hate DJ going back to LA because it makes them a whole lot tough esp with Lance and Pierce now on the team. But he did what he though was best - better now than afterwards and realize you cant do anything about your mistake once the contract is signed. If it had to happen to any team I am just glad it was with Cuban and GM Parsons

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Deandre Jordan is not getting as much hate as I anticipated. Media is ok with him being a straight b****. They are saying it was great fun. they are saying a 26 year old man isn't mature enough to tell Cuban to his face he isn't going to sign.. It's like I'm in the twilight zone....

How old was Dwight when he flew back to LA to tell Lakers brass that he was going to Houston?

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He plays for an LA team. Double Standards everywhere. People still give **** to Dwight about a fake waffling story.

I forgot how much I dislike Doc's smug ****ing attitude. And Chris Paul. I mean nothing comes close to my dislike for Dallas but I wish the Clips got screwed too.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chandler Parsons feeling disrespected second offseason in a row

5. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

OH LAWD, Parsons is really something.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

What. A. Douche. Hey, Parsons, maybe it was about the Clippers being about him wanting to win a championship more than being "the man." And listen very closely to what Doc said- when he was informed of Jordan's departure, it was THROUGH HIS AGENT- so why shouldn't it work both ways? Seems to me this is on Fegan.

And what this tells me is that Parsons is more about getting the glory than winning. That's what he tried to sell Deandre on- being "the man." So, clearly Parsons values individual stats more than anything else. It's all right there in his words.

And if Deandre signing left the "entire franchise in jeopardy," well, then that's not much of a franchise now, is it? Who let Chandler go when he could have held on to him until the last minute? Who let Ellis go? Who let Aminu go? What about the Rondo fiasco? Why is everyone wanting to get out of Dallas? Except for Parsons, who deserves Mark Cuban.

Poor Dirk. He doesn't deserve any of this.

#1586 dandorotik, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

LOL someone please watch the video on the ESPN front page right now!

The "analyst" accidentally slips Dwight's name instead of Deandre's when saying it was a cowardly move.

The hate is so real.

8. Raz

Raz Member

Mavs fans at their best.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4MhD3YfnAsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is that the guy with the mask?

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Did you read the part where Doc was told by Deandre's agent that he intended to sign with Dallas? Why should Cuban expect any different treatment?

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Parsons is a little b****.
    Probably was crying during this interview.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Were we all blind when he was in Houston? Has Parsons always been this insufferable?

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Best 2 and 5. One legged Wes and Joel ****ing Freeland

14. coweye

coweye Member

Isnt it ironic that this whole thing with the Mavs went down in Houston? Maybe Cuban and Parsons are in a club right now and Cuban tells Chandler that he is going to trade him to the Kings.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't care that Cuban was disrespected; it's icing on the cake. I hate that Deandre is getting off scot-free in the media. Everyone shrugging this off like its ok for a 26 year old man to act like a baby.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[Woike] "He wasn’t ready for being a franchise player. He was scared.." - Chandler Parsons on DJ (via @espn_macmahon ) (twitter.com)

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Parsons was tired playing behind the shadows of Harden and Dwight

Playing behind those superstars actually hid all your weaknesses

Now you're exposed to be the typical role player that you are

18. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Nah he's changed man, IMO when he first started here he was a humble player. Over time his ego grew ALOT.

19. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

This has all been perfect. Mavs suck as bad as ever and Clippers are the laughing stock of the nba.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Exactly, first year in the league he was just a 2nd round pick, even if he talked nobody would listen to him but as his skill increased, so did his ego and now the Mavs are "his team" and Dallas is "his city" which will be very impressive when they win 25 games this season.