1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers just turned Heel on the entire NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MONON

MONON Member

I would reallllly like to see the players union president (Chris Paul) argue that.

2. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Did Parsons delete his the best 5/2 combo in the nba tweet yet? lol

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

There should be rules to stop this sort of thing.

5. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

the window between when you can court FAs and when they can actually sign needs to be smaller.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

This is bad news for the Rockets and OKC.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

All of the reneging is good and well, but for Doc Rivers to not even encourage DAJ to pick up the phone and call Mark Cuban is bush-league and scummy. As funny as it is to watch the Mavericks flounder, what the Clippers did was heinous and made a complete mockery of the system. Rivers and Jordan should be getting crucified for this, but since people are more in shock of how the Mavs are crashing and burning, they're going to get off completely unscathed. I hope Wojnarowski unleashes some kind of fury on the Clippers for this.

8. dram1

dram1 Member

no...Cavs let Boozer out of his small money rookie deal to extend him with more money. As soon as they made him a free agent as a formality to extend him, his agent went to work on the phones and Utah stepped in and paid him more. That was some dirty sh**.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are acting like this is the first time it has ever happened. The CBA actually allows for this to happen and there is nothing wrong about changing your mind. The problem was HOW DJ did it; he hid like a little b**** instead of growing a pair and talking to Parsons and Cuban to let him know what happened.

10. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

This seems to be the excuse the majority is using to justify their extreme phantom butthurt. Come on, man... "DJ hid like a b****, this is why my butt is so very sore right now..."

I'm sure Parsons & Cubes are taking comfort in eachothers arms, exchanging c-note tissues thinking how they could have made it to the 2nd round with DJ as their star.

11. Awesome

Awesome Member

@ArashMarkazi 39s40 seconds ago
    Doc said DeAndre's agent should have called Cuban and told him the news. It wasn't up to him to call.

12. Awesome

Awesome Member

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 16s16 seconds ago
    Doc said he got a call from Fegan when DeAndre committed to Dallas. Fegan should have done the same when he committed to L.A.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 1m1 minute ago
    Doc said he always gets a call from the agent when players chooses to sign elsewhere, never from the player. "That's not a problem."

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

That is a classy move. I'm not so sure that it is all that pure. Maybe their interest in Wes also changed because of the DAJ move.

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

In other words, when the s**t hits the fan, he takes cover.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mathews is thankful for having someone offer him 15 million after an Achilles rupture...lol if anyone is turning that kinda money down.

Good luck moving Mathews or Parsons during their contract at all.

16. spark06

spark06 Member

My thoughts exactly! I think they were hoping Wes would pull a DeAndre given the chance.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not really
    you cannot legislate ****tiness
    it is what it is . . . .
    folx just should not be ****tie!

Rocket River

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Deandre Jordan is not getting as much hate as I anticipated. Media is ok with him being a straight b****. They are saying it was great fun. they are saying a 26 year old man isn't mature enough to tell Cuban to his face he isn't going to sign.. It's like I'm in the twilight zone....

How old was Dwight when he flew back to LA to tell Lakers brass that he was going to Houston?

19. Awesome

Awesome Member

They are here in Los Angeles but at the same time,he went back to where he was, in the end it'll be a non issue soon.

The other thing is we haven't heard a peep from DeAndre yet in this whole deal.

Dwight was getting massacred because of his indescision going back to ORL and two what else do you expect from fans of an organization like the Lakers when someone rejects them

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It makes me respect Dwight a little more. He may have been a bit indecisive but he never hid, he was never manipulated. When his decision was finally made, he looked his former employers in the eye and told them he was leaving.