1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to Charlotte

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by atomicanderz, Jul 8, 2015.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Nice bargain.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

I will not lie. I was worried for a moment that Morey would disappoint.

Hornets logo looks like it's about to drop a deuce 'cause that's what just happened in Charlotte.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If it was truly a bargain, Morey (king of bargain contracts) would be all over it considering we actually need a PG.

4. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

well that's the end of Lin. RIP 2010-2015

5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Godspeed J. Lin. Good luck in Charlotte

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It'd be funny if MJ heckled him from the stands every time he screws up, the way Sterling used to with Baron Davis

7. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

For $2 million/year, we could've used him off the bench... Maybe Nick Johnson will get some PT now

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

At two years, $4M it's ok for Charlotte. They need to sell some jerseys.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fans pulling up map trying to figure out what state this Charlotte city is in

1 person likes this.
  10. hooroo

hooroo Member

That won't happen.

From Ammo to Kaminsky MJ's looked for the next great white hope to market. Charlotte's attendance figures are underwhelming. MJ is all about the $$$.

Lin brings in sponsorship deals from Asia.

11. steady

steady Member

Can you say something more about the team? How do they play? Pnr? Why is their offense weak?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

HAHA, Even Jeremy Lin backs slowly away from Dallas.

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I wont go in to much detail,but this is a quick late night rundown.

Charlotte failed to surround Al Jefferson with shooters. By the time Mo Williams and Troy Daniels came in it was too late. So that left the offense being ISO BIG AL, which in honesty isnt bad Al is a elite big man in my opinion he will get you 20 points easy,but with having no shooters Charlotte really shot itself in the foot. They wasted Al season and also him getting hurt didnt help. Kemba was hurt at times and I like Kemba could be a great player,but he is a really inefficient, and they tried the Lance experiment which was catastrophic.

So basically main offense.
    1. ISO BIG AL
    2. OCCASIONAL HIGH SCREEN PnR
    3. Inefficient Kemba Shot

Coach Clifford didnt adjust the offense until last seasons trade deadline with the acquisitions of Mo Williams and Troy Daniels. By then it was too late and not enough. So I see the coaching staff really changing the way they play this next coming season. With Al spacing the floor they will get him some quality shooters to help the offensive load.

So far he is what Charlotte got so far in the offseason.
    1.Nicholas Batum (Good overall player,plays defense,can shoot the 3, expiring contract)
    2.Spencer Hawes (Serviceable big who can spread the floor,play with and without Al)
    3.Frank Kaminsky (9th pick,can shoot from 3/midrange,a bit crafty with scoring,will rebound, lackluster D, overall good project)
    4.Jeremy Lin (Do y'all really want me to say something about him? HE might help Charlotte win games if he does Yay if not whatever, also his contract is a STEAL for what you might be getting)
    5.Jeremy Lamb (I think he can find a home here and actually might get a starting spot if he asserts himself from the get go)

2015-2016 potential lineups:
    Kemba/Lin/Roberts
    Batum/Lamb/Daniels
    MKG/PJ
    Hawes/Williams/Zeller
    Al/Hawes/Kaminsky

and they will very likely offer Aaron Harrison out of Kentucky a contract, he has been killing it for them as a PG in the summer league, might play some 2 as well.

So far Cho and MJ have done a better jump getting getting more talent. Now its just a matter if they can put it all together, they should make the playoffs with that squad.

14. mingthething

mingthething Member

sweet. I'm going to Duke for my fellowship. Might be able to make the drive to Charlotte on some weekends for some Hornet games.

15. malakas

malakas Member

you forgot to mention how big Al was too overweight and didn't try AT ALL in defence in contrast with last year. Now that is his contract year we will see what happens. Hope he doesn't come to training camp overweight again.

16. steady

steady Member

Thanks bro. Good stuff

My questions about fit are
    - inside out post up offense
    - emphasis on low risk passing for low TOs
    - less emphasis on fast breaks

Will be interesting to see. The roster sounds like it has potential. Lin should be able to help.

17. Lovemachine2000

To be fair, most Americans don't know what state Charlotte is in:grin:

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Good deal for hornet. Lin is worth more than that. It's true then he's looking for a place suits him better, not really for the money.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

A good bargain signing for Charlotte.

Lin is a Ramon Sessions. He's fully capable of putting up solid numbers on bad teams.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LAL fans breathe a huge sigh of relief.