1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Parsons: DeAndre & Matthews best 5/2 to play with

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Has Karma ever hit anyone so quick?

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This whole thing is just too hilarious. This is actually bad news for the Rox though, but it's just so funny how all of this has happened.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I know in the long run it probably hurts the Rockets more but I'm gonna live in the moment and enjoy the misery of Dallas/Cubes/Parsons.

[​IMG]

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Eat your words out, Parsons you dumb F.

5. baubo

baubo Member

Someone needs to make a collection of all the stuff Cuban and Parsons said before this. So much crap they spoke before that in hindsight, make them look like fools. Say what you want about Morey, but the guy at least doesn’t count his chickens before they hatch, keeping things wrapped up aka being a professional.

6. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

Jordan learned from Boozer and Bosh.

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Bosh never committed to the Rockets and was offered an 11th hour max from the Heat. Boozer was offered twice as much money by Utah to leave his home town who apparently didn't think enough of him to offer him more.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, this is why teammates love Parsons. It's very smart of him to drum up his teammates and make them feel good. Why shouldn't he? He doesn't play with H&H anymore. His job is to pump up his guys, that's why they came here and he knows how to work them.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Karma. Sweet karma.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats exactly why when Morey was asked, "When did you start celebrating when dwight agreed to come to Houston?" His answer was simply, "when he signed on the dotted line."

Morey definitely does not count his chickens before they hatch. Kudos to The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

1 person likes this.
  11. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I thought he got fined for something regarding talking about Dwight before he was officially a Rocket, though...

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward...ght-howard-houston-rockets-los-angeles-lakers

I'd take the Rockets being fined over Dwight Howard ACTUALLY being 50/50 between Rockets and Lakers and going to the Lakers any day.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Is it wrong to be this happy? After all, DJ going back to the clips probably hakes them the 3rd best team in the conference. Still, I love the Dallas disappoinment.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It would be wrong not to be this happy:)grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:). I cant even go to sleep, Ive been smiling so much.

After the WCFs, I had a few college dallas buddies that Im in a Fantasy league with, troll the 5hit out of me cause we lost to gs. Well, I blew up, told them to eff off and gave them this analogy:

Houston kid beats up dallas kid. Dallas kid cries, calls big brother(clippers). Big brother also gets beat up. Dallas kid cries even harder. Dallas kids calls the law(warriors). Little b**** dallas kid feels like big man with his black eye and missing tooth.

Pretty much telling them that they had no leg to stand on when it came to the WCFs. But hey, theyre dallas fans, of course they felt self entitled to say something even though we beat the snot out of them. I shouldve never expected better from them.

Anyway fast forward to what Im going to call "The Lockout Decision" and hit'em with this:

In light of today's events, I couldve came in here and trolled my ass off. Instead, I wont. Why? Cause it doesnt involve my team in any facet except for the fact that we beat both teams in the playoffs. Trolling just to troll, when your team has nothing to do with it, is ****ing Bush League. Pathetic! Ill just laugh my ass off for the next 5 years. At the MINIMUM.

They shot back, "Well Houston isnt the team to fear in Texas"

LOL. Typical dallas fans. SMH. All of a sudden theyre buddy buddy with San Antonio now after all these years. So I told them this:

Youre right. Yall dont have to worry about us or winning at all for that matter. Losing and missing playoffs will be yalls forte. Moreys never had a losing season while rebuilding, Im excited to see what puban can do. Karma is such a b**** sometimes. ROFLOLCOPTER

Just had to share, cause Im so damn happy right now. This couldnt have happened to a more deserving city, fanbase, and owner.

1 person likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Why's everyone so afraid of the Clips? We beat them before and we'll beat them again should our paths cross. We need the Clips to be good so they can have a chance to knock off either if not both GSW and SA.

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

17. MistaK

MistaK Member

Well it is not like they were a cakewalk to begin with. The addition of Lance is definitely great for them. Can we still beat them? sure - but nobody should overlook the Clippers as a potential contender.

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Because the Clippers beat the 2014 champions and the 2015 champions who were both relatively built the same both years. Because the Clippers blew us out 2 games in a row in an embarrassing fashion. Because the Clippers were on the verge of blowing us out in game 6 to eliminate us.

It's like asking the Miami Heat in 2014 "yo, why should we be afraid of the Spurs? We just beat them last year in the Finals lmao."

Things change. Teams come back tougher and meaner. They're still the same more or less roster wise. They didn't lose anything important.

They are a foe we shouldn't take lightly. I'm not undermining the Rockets so don't get it twisted. We hopefully have Pat and Dmo back for the playoffs. But hope doesn't win championshipsm and that's what both these teams are fighting for. All of us are hungry to win.

• The Spurs will feed off of Aldridge's hunger to win a championship.
    • We will feed off of the hunger of being constantly disrespected but being so close.
    • OKC will feed off of the fact that this may be their last chance and they have been ruined the past few seasons with injuries.
    • Clippers will feed off this whole saga. DJ didn't return for nothing. They're on a mission and if they see us on the playoffs we better match their intensity or things won't look nice.

Like always.. it's going to be a blood bath in the western conference and nothing is guaranteed. Over confidence kills. Do I think we can beat them? Yes, I do.. we should be deeper. Do I think they can beat us? Yes, I do also.. they are a scary match up with two over-athletic bigs and the 2nd best point guard of all time. It can go either way.

If Clippers can manage to trade away Crawford for a decent back up big then I have it like this.

Thunder first, Clippers second, Warriors third, Spurs fourth, Grizzlies fifth, and Pelicans sixth.

19. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chandler Parsons on DeAndre Jordan: &quot;We plan on playing the rest of our career together.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/618184039028142080">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Haha this is so mega awesome