1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2015!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

Can't wait to see Capela hit that mid-range shot over and over again. He was training with Nowitzki's shooting trainer as I heard.

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Last I heard Dangelo Harrison was training with Tim Grover who is the same trainer used by nba greats Dwade Wade, Tmac, and Michael Jordan.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Well, I have 50k Southwest miles that I've had for the past 3 years by using miles one way, and paying back, but you can get roundtrip tickets for like $300-350 if you look early enough. Hotel is the cheapest, like $50-75/night at Luxor. This trip, a few cousins, Ricky, Kam, and I are doing Venetian and spending about $250/person for 5 nights. I've done both taxi only and rent a car, I think it's better for rent a car if you're in a large group, if its like 4 or less, taxi is probably better. The games itself is about $30/day for as many games you want to watch each day with access to leave and re-enter.

All together if you budget right you can get away with about $700 at least. Flight/hotel alone is about $500, I usually anticipate to spend about $1k and I don't gamble much.

psh... student loans.... I'm straight cash homie.....

#103 Dave2000, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

If you can't ball out in the summer-league, I will be worried.

Troy Daniels had 16 points and 14 Rebounds today. :confused:

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Troy Daniels has the experience and the comfort zone of nba speed plus he been eating good since his bank account got plenty of money.

6. Stilldream'n34

According to @InvictusSports, Zan Tabak will be on Rockets coaching staff for summer league

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Pete Chilcutt is the latest training staff hire made by the Houston Rockets according to Kremlin Media, llc. @KremlinMediaMafia.

Also, Don Cheney is closing in on a position as the Affirmative Action and Diversity Division Manager of Human Resources according to Kremlin Media, llc. @KremlinMediaMafia.

8. Stilldream'n34

Tabak has been an assistant coach in Europe for Real Madrid for years

9. thejav

thejav Member

so whens the first game?

10. tomato

tomato Member

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

12. rullrich

rullrich Member

It's a tournament after that I believe...

13. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

An interesting player that the rockets will have during summer league play is Chris Walker. I did scouting of him when he was in house school as he was considered one of the top high school players in the country. He was in the same high school and college class as Wiggins, Parker and Randle. He played in some national All-star games and preformed well such as the Jordan Classic! He decided to play college basketball for Florida but his grades killed his college career he could not get on the court. Chris Walker is a 6’10 Forward with ELITE LEVEL athleticism and is very raw with basketball skills!! He has not lived up to his hype entering college but if he could get his game together he would be a very strong prospect! His game as of now translates best to an open up and down paced style offense!

Here is a Youtube video of him before his freshman year of college.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQtrN4LB98

and the full Jordan Brand Classic game if you guys have some time and enjoy watching top high school talent play
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CkyWYl5yg

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

As I started reading this I kept saying to myself, "I bet he's a power foward".

15. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

HAHA! Well all know what kind of players Morey goes for!!

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cheeze Louise!! This kid is a human rocket he gets so much altitude. Between him, LeBryant Nash and Clint Capela there is going be some fast and furious dunking in the summer league. How do Rockets keep finding these guys???

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

makes sense since vegas goes from the 10th- the 2-th and our 3rd game is on the 13th.

lets hope we make a deep run

18. tomato

tomato Member

That first video of Chris Walker looks like when NBA players show up the kids at their own camp!

19. dwhite

dwhite Member

I am not from Houston and need to find a way to watch Friday's and Monday's games which do not appear to be on NBA TV. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!!! It sucks that there is only one game on NBA TV :(

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew that would happen. They show all of the games in Orlando and none of the games in Vegas where the Rockets will be playing. It's almost like it's being done purposely.