1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 women's world cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ryan_98, Jun 8, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Incredible how strong that women team is, and the men team is also on the rise.

Bright future ahead, US team.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Carli Lloyd, I think she is a babe. It might be the nose. Quick observation, anyone notice that most of the squad are white chicks? Where are my latin chicks at? Yeah there's a few token minority on the team but a diverse squad is an awesome squad!

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If they were good enough...they would be there. Diversity for Diversity-sake doesn't work in Sports. If that was the case, there would be more white/Hispanic people in the NBA or NFL. Or Blacks in the NHL.......;)

4. VanityHalfBlack

LOL very true. That Carli LLoyd chick is a beast. Definitely one of the greats of women's sports. I could be doing hyperbole since I have a crush on her and that nose, boner!!!!!

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What impresses me the most is that this wasn't just good women's soccer. This was good soccer, period. The skill level has risen so much over the past couple of decades. These are true professionals. I'm, for the first time, inclined to making a Dash game.

Congrats to the US National Team on a 3rd World Cup victory. It was well deserved and you are clearly the best in the world right now and the best women's program of all time.

6. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

My sister was screaming yesterday and I thought something happened.. I went to go to check it out the USA team had 2 goals in 5 minutes.. and that hat trick by Lloyd... Just WOW

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Man, what a great game and win! We totally dominated that game in the first half. I was getting a little paranoid at 4-2 but still felt like our defense was too good to allow them to catch back up.

The US women were simply amazing. That game alone probably did more for the popularity of women's soccer in the US going forward than anything that happened prior imo. The way they got four goals in very little time was crazy. Lloyd with that hat trick was simply amazing. She was oh so close to heading in another goal that was just off target.

I wasn't much of a fan before but this win and the few games prior definitely got my attention. Lloyd was just incredible. It was an amazing display of soccer.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What do USA women's players do in between World Cups?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They play in leagues. Olympic qualifying coming up soon too.

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Congrats to the Ladies National Team! They put it all together when they needed too.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]