1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES] TERMINATOR: Genisys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 4, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this movie.

it definitely wasn't good, they did leave an opening for a sequel.
    they tried to do too much.

kaliesi miscast

2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Better than I thought it would be.

3. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I still don't understand why the timeline changed. If
    everything keeps going in a loop then the things that happen in the future has happen before right? :confused:

4. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I enjoyed it. Better than 3 & 4 in my opinion. There were some good action sequences and the special effects looked good. There were quite a few references to the 1st & 2nd films and I thought that they did a good job recreating those things. Emilia Clark didn't bring the same intensity as Linda Hamilton. But she's a good actress, and she looks good doing it. I only wish that they would have given her the big 80s hair. There are some issues with the storyline. But the original premise is about a guy who sends his buddy back in time to impregnate his mother so that he can be born.

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Saw it last night. Was surprised, but really wish they hadn't given the twist away in the trailer.
    As soon as John Connor turned up in 2017 I already knew what was going to happen.

Also, some questions:

Who sent the Terminator back to kill Sarah when she was a kid? And who sent Arnie back to save her?

Also, I could've done without the bit during the credits. What was the red glowing thing Genisys was looking at?

Agree that they could've improved the 80s looks of everyone.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Saw it, the 1984 remake scenes were nostalgic and that alone I'd say put it on top of 3 & 4 but, the rest of the movie seemed sloppy and on par with T3. I think they try to get too clever with these new movies. I'd prefer a straight forward move that takes place in one time about terminator out to terminate, just like T1 & 2. All 3 movies after have tried to present new ideas and ways to stop judgement day for good and they just don't work. Movie was awesome pretty much up until they traveled to 2017. I didn't buy the casting either.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, guy is too buff and too much of a pretty boy. In the future, they wouldn't have enough nutrition and time to do bench presses and curls to have bodies like that. Michael Bein body type was more realistic, fit and slim, that's how a soilder from the future would actually look, not like a guy that eats pre-packaged meals every 2-3 hours and gets in 240 grams of protein a day.

John Connor: I can't put my finger on it but the actors look and personality just didn't do it for me as John Connor.

Emelia Clark as Sarah Conner: She did Ok acting wise but a little too flabby for Sarah Conner. Of course we all remember Sarah as a very fit and slim Linda hamilton, finding someone with that body type would have made it more believable. Her face did somewhat look like Linda hamliton though.

Arnold as T-800: I did like him in it as well as the explanation for the aging.

Overall, it started with a lot of promise and wished it would have stuck with the 1984 storyline. Kept it as a horror/chase movie instead of trying to get all high tech.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Does the Asian T-1000 sole purpose in the movie is to deliver food? LOLOLOLOL, (reference to Hotballa)

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't see it as a big stretch considering the outside of the Arnold terminator is made up of living tissue. Anything living is going to age and change. It would be more lame if the living tissue never changed and we're supposed to accept that a terminator made years ago looks the exact same (absent any changes that occurred during violence) as the day it was produced.

I haven't seen the film...but I'm assuming it is going to age like a regular person on the outside...minus any changes that would occur due to diet or lack thereof.

But, it's fiction so I suppose they could explain it based on a bunch of bs...which is what it really is anyway. Or, at least until technology catches up. ;)

I wish I wanted to see this in the theater but, for me, it's a rental.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The explanation was very good in the movie.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was watchable but I agree with a lot of what was said. Casting is the biggest issue for me but Arnie was really good in it. Watchable but forgettable.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was no chemistry between sarah and kyle

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Got dragged to this tonight by some friends. It was worth watching for the unintentional comedy, but a terrible movie, nonetheless.