1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Nick J. D>>> P.B D so far

2. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

This isn't an "propose a trade so dumb you would be kicked out of any fantasy league" session.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Lawson seems to be a possible "get", if the price isn't horrific.

Codman alluded awhile back to the trouble they have in Phoenix: "We're rebuilding in the desert...the pieces out here are open season. Cyber already talked about the PG situation we are in. Yeah...secret weapons are available. Thunda knows Horny can't control this team and there is some chatter about Htown....TRaw spends time here, but it sounds like he is a keeper." Etc etc.

I wonder at all if Bledsoe is somehow available, despite Phoenix's protestations otherwise. The price tag would be high, including, perhaps, Markieff "Make it a Misdemeanor, Please" Morris, and losing DMo. So I don't know how badly we want to go there.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

So trade Johnson for dudley and george hill for Tjones. How do you propose we drug these teams GM's?

5. craguin

craguin Member

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think D-Mo could become a play-maker out of the four spot. He has serious passing skills, along with great court vision and good ball handling ability for someone his size.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwYXF2vkiPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y6VD1n2KqdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tf_FTE-4CIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PNzWdR7Xu0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugMbrkuSvvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Playmaker DMO is not going to happen. Our guys have tendencies to think they are THE guy when Harden sits. Just like we didn't post DMO up when Harden was sitting, we ain't gonna have him playmaking. Guys are just too jealous.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lawson or bust.

9. Omer

Omer Member

Sign Jeremy Lin? Shot 37% from three last year. Would be good with second unit off the bench can push tempo and score. At a good price he would fit in well.

10. verysimplejason

Tinman, Zboy, etc... in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's actually improved his shooting from deep every year he's been in the league and I agree that he'd fit in. But his fan base is toxic.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Irrelevant. Morey doesn't base his decisions on players fan bases. As long as the locker room doesn't consider it a distraction there is nothing to think about.

Lin has to be willing to return though, he probably doesn't want to and I doubt McHale has the greatest relationship with him. Ironically the rockets can offer him the most money

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

His anti-fan base is toxic too. Combining the two on one site is unpleasant to say the least.

He is probably the best available right now, but Morey might be able to pry someone better off a team with a trade.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Of course Morey doesn't base his decisions on player's fan bases (but Les apparently does). That said, I was merely referring to my enjoyment of my team, which was undermined for two years by LOFs. I'm assuming others had a similar experience.

15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Jeremy Lin is going to happen people. Y'all need to get your minds right.

16. verysimplejason

Circus all-over again in Clutchfans. Shall I prepare some popcorn? Salted? Buttered? :grin:

17. craguin

craguin Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could not agree more. Adding Bledsoe would give Rockets the most explosive starting 5 in the NBA. On offense AND defense.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Corey Joseph just became free agent, go get him Morey!

20. spark06

spark06 Member

Slim pickings now. Looking' more and more like any changes will come via trade.