1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

even if we do a trade, it would only be in principle. the actual trade would be finalised when the new cap is known and the 15-16 salaries are affected.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So glad brew is coming back... 6th man of the year coming for him, or maybe he and J Smoove could be co 6th man winners lol

But seriously this is a great contract for us... we get brew on the cheap for test prime of his career especially considering after next year his salary will be the going price for any player that can walk and chew gum

3. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Ok, then tell me what we could get for Brewer straight up that benefits this team more off the bench than brewer/j Smoove leading the Rockets 2nd unit. Ya, I didn't think so. This helps Houston long term and gives us an a+ team/bench/spark plug guy that was ESSENTIAL to our success last season.

4. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I'll pretend you don't watch basketball as it is played today, where smaller players with expanded skill sets are seeing more minutes on the floor TOGETHER because more traditional teams with post up players with limited range and positions are having trouble slowing them down because of their extreme versatility. I'll wait for an answer with any actual facts that refute

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So happy! I love bev and brew! Let's get a playmaker and roll out big babbyyyyy

6. the shark

the shark Member

You may have had the Rockets games on your tv, but you are obviously clueless.

7. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Funny how insiders said we wanted Josh and were unsure about Brewer. So glad we locked him up!

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Speed kills and Corey haz it.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Brewer and Ariza's length really bothered the Clippers on the perimeter. It was so crucial to resign Brewer for the rockets and I'm relieved they did. Ideal situation would be to have both Beverly and Brewer as part of your bench brigade while starting a playmaking PG like Darren Collison if they can somehow trade for him.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Brewer, Beverley and Harrell is like the U.S. going to Iraq and stealing the oil. Now we have all the energy!

11. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

George Hill for Papa and TJones if we miss on LMA sounds pretty good to me.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

This is great news. I know this is probably a dumb statement but I would rather have Bev and Brewer over just LMA. I just love this team. If everyone can actually stay healthy we can win it all.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

This contract was an absolute steal. Definitely will be worth it in the long run.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we start next season with a bench of:

capela
    smith
    brew
    KJ
    beverley

we will be the #1 team in the league. the trick is staying healthy and finding that starting PG.

15. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I agree I totally hope we can bring in another point guard that can help facilitate offense. Outside of harden we don't have many guys that can do that. Stuckey is sounding really good right now

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That would be a nasty defensive team. Particularly on the wings.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Interesting :confused:

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

Would like to see his three point field goal percentage go up a little bit.

1 person likes this.
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LikeABoss?src=hash">#LikeABoss</a> <a href="http://t.co/jOuMblkzg8">pic.twitter.com/jOuMblkzg8</a></p>&mdash; Corey Brewer (@TheCoreyBrewer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheCoreyBrewer/status/618146987431452672">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. spark06

spark06 Member

Speaking of limited range, here's a fun fact for you. Corey Brewer shot 28% from 3 pt land last season for us. Wow, what a devastating mismatch he represents from out there! Lol. I can't pretend like you have a clue about NBA basketball.