1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reddit in full riot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The only thing I can really compare to watching Reddit implode is Enron -- I was never a Digg user so I didn't see that revolt -- MySpace is up there I guess, but I really didn't care about it.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nothing worse than reddit troll comments on YouTube videos. It's the same f***ing shtick every single time. Why do they think it's remotely amusing after the 10,000th time?

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

if $5 isnt your thing theres always reddit silver..

[​IMG]

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pretty sure those are fake trolls. Most likely from 4chan

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I prefer reddit bronze.
    [​IMG]

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

reddit is ****ing stupid.

Thank god for CF

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Reddit continues to form itself, and that's going to yield some pretty chaotic and volatile behavior. That's just how it's going to be. Not sure why people expect it to function and behave like more heavily controlled and strict websites. They do maintain some order, but the goal inconsistently seems to be to listen to the users.

It's not going to be perfect, but it is definitely a model which puts other information sources in a different context and I like that. It's the closest thing we have to reflecting the real world of opinions, even if what I see is pretty sad sometimes. At the very least, it has planted the seed in someone's head about how to create another information resource more democratic and perhaps better managed without exerting more power.

The internet is filled with people who loved the idea of reddit but have grown disenchanted with it. That's a bad thing, but it's a good thing too. Don't be so pessimistic about things that are new to our culture. Online sub communities are challenging the behavior of a website owner - that's a milestone in the history of humanity. It's a technological accomplishment. If reddit doesn't respond to the sub communities airing their grievances, someone will.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Reddit is great if you visit the small subreddits. Once you invite the douches and the trolls though it all goes downhill.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Reddit has plenty of great subs. The problem is that most questions don't stay on page one long enough to get many answers.

10. dback816

dback816 Member

A bunch of internet volunteers are upset their opinions aren't heard?

Also it's not like all subreddits are closed, most of them are opening for business just like any other day.

11. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I just don't remember when it became cool to hate on reddit. It's like the first site I go to everyday for the past decade.

If you know how to reddit right, you probably interwebz better than most. Must be a jelly thing.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Once it became mainstream, it opened a spotlight on neckbeards who have no real self awareness on what they project.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

moes faints.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I just don't remember when it became cool to hate on people who hate on reddit.

Everyone off my lawn NOW.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Given her Interim CEO title, I'm assuming they brought her on to implement all of the things they knew would get blow-back from moderators and users. Once those measures get forced through, she will be relieved of her title, and they will find a permanent CEO. For her, given her recent struggles, it was a nice way to make some money and get her name back out there with something more "positive." Obviously things don't always go according to plan.

This is just my opinion on the ways things have gone down, by the way. I have no actual knowledge on the topic.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Is this another Freddie Gray type situation?