1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Maybe but they lack offense since they lost Ellis. I think they got better defensively with Matthews and DJ but that's only if Matthews can be the player he once was and same with Parsons (back then when he used to play defense in Houston). I feel like this will be a team that will have major scoring droughts but who knows really until you see them all play together. Either way they aren't better than us and that's even without our bench like Smith and Brewer. I think the teams we should be more worried about are OKC, Spurs, and the reigning champs, GSW. If we don't make move soon, we'll be left in the dust.

2. malakas

malakas Member

No. Its the opposite. It will take at least two seasons before he is back IF he will ever be back. I supoose he must have shown smth to the gms to trust him with such cintracts. He can be releated to spot up shooter still but forget defence. I think that will be his role the next season.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

No, he's got a point. Monta and Wes are completely different players. Monta is very good at getting to the basket, whereas Wes is a spot up shooter.

How is Dallas going to get to the basket?

What Dallas has done these last two summers is similar to an action movie stuffed with B list actors. Lots of explosives, very little substance, and ultimately forgettable.

4. TheresTheDagger

You forgot OUT: Aminu

5. sabesque

sabesque Member

Imagine if they didn't land Jordan. UFF. Makes me further appreciate Morey's approach to flexibility and assets.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Stuckey to dallas?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hey Mavs, if you need a PG. I have an idea... <a href="http://t.co/sJcP7AlOqS">pic.twitter.com/sJcP7AlOqS</a></p>&mdash; Robert Silverman (@BobSaietta) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobSaietta/status/617065867130597376">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: DJ impressed that Dirk Nowitzki come off family vacation for meeting in LA. None of the Clipper players were at meeting.</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/617069470473973761">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. malakas

malakas Member

They can get no defence midget combo guards off dleague or rejects. Thats not si hard. Still they will suck.

9. koby1868

koby1868 Member

That's happened or you're speculating?

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Morey's bread and butter this coming season will be making important trades before the deadline and not free agency. Other teams can outspend morey, but they can't outsmart morey

11. dingus

dingus Member

DEFINITELY look for a 3 way S&T with Hibbert/Ellis/Jordan. If that happens the Clippers will still be good, although a completely different slow, plodding team. Much more to CP3 style. Could alienate BG.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I talked to Griffin yesterday and he didn't seem to care about DJ leaving. Not a lot of love lost in that locker room. Seems like everybody in the NBA loves DJ but his own team.

12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 6m6 minutes ago
    Source: DJ impressed that Dirk Nowitzki come off family vacation for meeting in LA. None of the Clipper players were at meeting.

13. Vienna Calling

The decision by DeAnde Jordan to join the Mavs is quite a head scratcher to me. If he's worried about long-term stability (as Shelbourne wrote) then why the hell does he pick Dallas?
    Dirk is old as the hills, Parsons and Matthews have huge injury questionmarks (AND huge contracts), they don't have any promising young players or picks.

There must have been some chemistry problems in LA with Doc/CP3/Blake othwerwise this decision doesn't make sense at all (even though it's good for the Rockets - the Clippers are weakened and the Mavs stay semi-competitive, which makes it more fun to beat them)

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

LMA to Rox or Suns pretty much guarantees Rox are top 3 barring anything crazy. If we don't get LMA then Morey needs to find a good PG and roll with DMO/Smith. Trade TJ as part of this.

15. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

This is the kind of superficial BS that gets these guys to sign, lmao.

16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Cavs are looking at him right now. He can be had for cheap and I do not want him going to the Mavs. He can get his own shot and score.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Remember last season when simmons said that the clippers didnt seem to enjoy playing with each other? I didnt know that griffin and paul didnt even go to ONE meeting. Wow. And he and blake supposedly were bbfs.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So far, next year it's looking like

1. Warriors
    2. Rockets
    3. Spurs
    4. OKC
    5. Memphis
    6. Clippers
    7. Pelicans
    8. Scrub

6 and 7 re interchangeable. And if the Spurs get Aldridge they probably bump is out of the 2 spot.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

4yr/80mil deal is why

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I don't aee why lamarcus can't be the man in Houston, James harden is a very unselfish player, lamarcus would be the first option in every play, if he doesnt have a good look then let harden do work, harden is one of the best passers at the 2 spot in the league, he'd most likely find him again... and offensively one can argue that LMA is THE man above Dwight... I don't think Dwight would mind being the third option. Dwight needs to just focus on the sends ive end anyway, that's his breath and butter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.