1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Why does everybody say that we have to dump our entire roster to sign LMA? He can sign a 1 year contract with a 2nd year player option and can opt out the same year D12 has a player option (2016-2017). After that both can sign big contracts.

First of all we let Josh Smith and Brewer (wants long term contract) walk. Second, we trade Papa+Prigioni for Mario Chalmers. Sign Terry to a veteran min. contract. If not try to sign CJ Watson. We still have room to trade T. Jones/Johnson to Philly for extra cap space.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/HOU.html

Rockets:
    PG: Mario Chalmers / Terry (vet min)
    SG: Harden/McDaniels
    SF: Ariza/Dekker
    PF: LMA/DMO/Harrell
    C: D12/Capela

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Went to sleep to sleep at least hoping for some rumors in the morning.

I am disappoint.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know that Brooklyn will have cap space next year.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Lowe also wrote something i found extremely interesting. Human nature in the end beats every analysis and expert. Players will almost always go for the most guaranteed money even if it doesnt make sense in the long run financially. The only ones who havent so far except lebron are millsap monroe and the celtics signings who were a slight overpay in exchange for flexibillity .
    when it comes to the rockets it means we can kiss brewer goodbye. He will take the longer fatter deal he can get and we wont be able to offer him many years because of flexibllity.

5. malakas

malakas Member

that doesnt make 20 million capspace.

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I can only imagine what kind of contract Dmo would fetch when his time is up with the the precedents being set.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Johnson expires and williams will be more palatable to be stretched since will have only one year. Ofc yoh can also count in king to screw it up. So maybe 29 teams will have capspace.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Let's see if we even bring our own players back. Be lucky if we even do that. Houston teams once they show a little success they get satisfied and don't improve... then go into the following year and fall flat on their faces. Hopefully this doesn't happen to the Rockets next year.

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Where did Phoenix come from? :confused:

10. mario elie

mario elie Member

Where is Lowe saying that? Don't see it anywhere.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you jr. You are everywhere always providing links. Are u a bot?:grin:

we wont. We will make trades and find underrated players. At least thats what all the signs point to.

1 person likes this.
  13. Houston09

Houston09 Member

So lastnight reports were coming out that aldridge was really intrigued by the rockets. Now all the son rockets art mentioned as a top 3 team? Also looks like a repeat of last year everyone else gets better and we sign scrubs like dorsey at the end.

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Personally I think it's a lot of speculation on behalf of people not in the negotiations. Silence from the Rockets could mean that a they are too busy working out details.

15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I read Lowe is saying AT LEAST two other teams are still in contention.

16. mario elie

mario elie Member

Agreed. And didn't LMA say that we was going to narrow it down to 3 teams today and then go through a second round of interviews. I actually think that bodes well for Houston.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the Mavs aren't out of it, despite their reversals.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Two other teams, which he named: Portland & Phoenix.

I don't buy Portland.

But San Antonio, Portland, Phoenix would mesh with the whole "narrowing it down to 3 teams".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aldridge finishes up his 7 meetings tomorrow, he is expected to narrow his choices down to 3 teams then do a another round of meetings.</p>&mdash; John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/616418000829218816">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. malakas

malakas Member

No he didnt. It was a beatwriter who said it. I dont trust it.

And btw remember that woj himself said that the suns are in it. And he never ruled out portland. He was the only one not ruling them out.

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

the only way they stay in it is if they get Deandre and Aldridge. That seems unlikely to me and even if they did get both, they would have no guards or SF lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.