1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's not that there is anything wrong with the 2 pt shot per se - it's that most people don't shoot it well enough to be taking that shot and thus it is not a high value shot. For Aldridge however, he hits it at an elite level so I think the team will be fine with him shooting a 45% 2 pt shot and likely they will give him the green light to shoot as many 3s as he wants. Plus Harden/LA pick and pop would basically be a wide open long 2 for LA on most nights which he probably hits at an even more absurd rate. Don't be surprised if Harden adds 2-3 more assists a game overnight just because he has someone who can hit an open shot consistently.

2. mikelowery

mikelowery Member

I would agree with that as much detailed as Morey is I would almost bet they had some kind of sim showing him his role in the offense. With his turn around Harden would have a field day.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

It kinda does... That's a moderator you're talking to, son.

This dudes fixing to get banned haha

4. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

60 Mil buys a sh**ton of po'boys and hand grenades on bourban st. Way to go Asik! If your reading this..hit up the Hustler club..those broads can do some amazing stuff.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Heeeh!

I knew mmottol26 didnt stop posting. Just that all his posts are in a queue right now.

6. mikelowery

mikelowery Member

Not to mention Howard would have his man only to deal with down low if he were to miss. The attention LMA draws is a game changer for our two stars.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If he comes to the Rockets they will change their philosophy about mid-range shots. Otherwise you don't even chase him. Anyway the mid-range philosophy is based on efficiency. Aldridge is such a special and potent threat from mid-range it changes Morey's usual calculus. His shots from mid-range are very high percentage shots so they make perfect sense in our system, which is all predicated on high percentage shots. We might go from the lowest mid-range shooting team in history last year to the middle of the pack this year on LMA alone if we get him. If we get him he will be used for his strengths, which are MANY.

And if we can do it and keep Ariza it becomes one of our best moves in franchise history. If we keep Ariza we're not talking about gutting the heart of our team as one might argue happened in the Barkley trade (personally I was for it then and my opinion about it never changed). We're talking about keeping our three best players and adding an all-star, in his prime, in a position of need. And if we lose Ariza I think we still have to do it if we can.

And it's not just because LMA is a great player; it's because I think he fits exceptionally well with Harden and Howard. Each of those guys occupy totally different maps of the court. Three all-star caliber players that spread the floor? Sign me up for a team that not might but absolutely will contend for the championship for years to come.

1 person likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If he values winning I still refuse to believe PHX is even an option. Everything must be a smokescreen for SA. No way he's seriously considering PHX no way

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lmao :grin: :cool:

10. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

What's the latest cyberx news? Too lazy to sift through posts

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It should be night time around LA time so a random cyberx should appear soon. Within the hour or so....

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

nothing.......

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He's going HAM

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Just sitting here thinking about Harden driving to the basket and kicking it out to a wide-open LaMarcus Aldridge at the elbow or short corner makes me foam at the mouth. And good lord, the pick-and-pop? I'm losing my mind over here.

The Warriors ate this team alive with good mid-range shooting. I'm all for adding a piece of that action.

Also, with Aldridge, this team would be able to throw it down to somebody in the post that actually has a great chance of scoring down there late in games.

Not to mention, when teams decide to try the hack-a-whoever, this team would have a big man that is actually capable of hitting free throws.

I completely fail to see how this is not a good fit.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

Maybe cyberx literally wanted to get ham for dinner tonight and just wanted us to know.

16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say that Aldridge has chosen the Spurs, but is waiting until after his meeting with the Knicks to announce. <a href="http://t.co/RoheHmGSm5">pic.twitter.com/RoheHmGSm5</a></p>&mdash; Spurs Nation (@SA_Spurs_Nation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SA_Spurs_Nation/status/616459819076190208">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This post is especially awesome because R2K's secret identity actually is Mr. Cool.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He'd be kind of a jerk to do this.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Sacramento news seems to take a competitor out of the running for Ty Lawson. He's not ideal for the team, but the Rockets have more assets to acquire him than the Kings, or Mavs. If the Rockets could nab Lawson and keep DMo and the core starters in place elsewhere, I would be happy.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I think kings will make a big offer to josh smith. Fits their style. Watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.