1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I know most teams do after their meetings but still worth noting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just heard Rockets felt real good about their meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/616397300357664768">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Illegal Machine

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just heard Rockets felt real good about their meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/616397300357664768">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

3. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I would if it meant we gave up less

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I agree with your sentiment, though. We should always look to improve. After all, we didn't win the championship. Even if we did, we'd still have to improve to stay ahead. PG is the most glaring need. We have 0 depth as of today. 0 as in nobody.

Even if the team was 100% healthy last year, PG was still a weak position. PF Was a surplus with everyone healthy, and it's even more so now with the rookie (assuming we bring Smith back).

Also, using your logic, GSW should not be credited with a championship. They had the most damaged road of all. But I'm ok with that :grin:

5. newAge_Rockets

Better late than never, I guess. Still kinda strange that it took about 20 hours for the classic "meeting went well" shtick to come out. Anyways, I still have hope Lamarcus comes.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It seemed you were implying that chasing LMA means we have a significantly higher chance if whiffing on our own guys, my bad.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

exactly...there's no guarantee next year, as close as the west is. We could end up with a brutal path to the title.

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Monroe to Milwaukee? What say you, Malakas?

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ah... no, those are two separate thoughts. At this point I'm just operating under the assumption that LMA will go to San Antonio (or somewhere else not Houston). Obviously could be wrong there.

10. newAge_Rockets

Hmmm I forgot about him. I see him going to Dallas potentially, as they must overpay for a center after failing to sign Tyson or Deandre.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Give us something cyber

12. thiefery

thiefery Member

Why are people freaking out that the team is missing out on everyone while waiting on Aldridge? Aldridge is a huge piece,and by all accounts,Houston has a real shot.

Daryl did some incredible magic after missing out on Bosh. Relax,we have the absolute best front office in the league. Go out, enjoy some beer and crabs. No need to over stress

13. craguin

craguin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yahoo Sources: Two small market teams have made significant inroads in the pursuit of free agent Greg Monroe: Milwaukee and Portland.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616398402679496705">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FREE AGENT LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE NOT IMPRESSED BY LAKERS' PRESENTATION

Less than 24 hours after meeting with highly coveted free agent LaMarcus Aldridge, the Los Angeles Lakers are "stunned" to hear that Aldridge was less than impressed by their presentation, a source told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

The Lakers were the first to sit down with Aldridge, in a meeting that lasted nearly two hours and had seemed to the Lakers to go "really well," a source told Shelburne.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from what i remember, malakas is not a fan of monroe

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Cuban felt real good about his meeting with Dwight.

LMA to Spurs.

17. malakas

malakas Member

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Portland would be ideal, should LMA be of a mind to come here. If Detroit can still sign and trade Monroe.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bucks have one of the most promising young cores in the league……with long rangy defenders and a pure scorer……and they play in the east…..that team's future looks very bright

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

translation: "No C, no sign. I don't want to bang with Cs. I already went through that in Portland."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.