1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Yahoo Sports] Rockets Among Teams Interested in Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Actually, it seems that you don't understand that the max differs for different players.

Draymond's max = $16m. If the cap shoots to $90m in 2016, that accounts for only about 17% of the cap.

In comparison, a similar salary under the current cap would be about $11m

Does that still sound expensive?

Yes, the Warriors (or whoever else) would pay a premium for his services during the upcoming year, but his contract becomes a bargain, once again, for the remaining 3 years.

17% of your cap is not a terribly high amount to pay for part of your big 3.

-----

Sidebar, I think as informed fans, we should stop thinking of NBA salaries only as pure dollar amounts and instead also consider the percent cap hit. That gives a better idea of the true cost it would be to a team. At the very least, it is better than the lazy term "max contract".

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Don't be like Mark Cuban Morey..besides, I hate Draymond Green:mad:

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

stfu he's a POS

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He's the best defensive player on the best defensive team in the league. What's your excuse for that?

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Say YES to Fish-Mouth Green!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Morey is just driving up the price. Making sure GSW has to pay max.

7. chandlerbang21

Every FA gets houstons name attached for website clicks. Morey never shares his plans with medial

Anyways Green is truely a max player with what he can do on the court. Rockets dont stand a chance

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Because DM has a Forward fetch. He accumulate as many fowards as possible and fill the roster with guards; i.e Jet, Pablo, Beverly, Johnson, that's why we are Soooo below average at the guard spot, outside of Harden.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

green is like, least favorite kind of player. he's the guy throwing elbows in a rec league. except, he's the guy throwing elbows in the nba and because he's on the favored team, he gets away with it...among other things. on another team, he'll just be rasheed wallace. dumb, loud, takes bad shots, etc.

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think any team needs at least one guy like this but I agree that Green won't be as valuable to us or other teams as he is to GS.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

He would also be 3rd fiddle on the Rockets, he would benefit greatly from having a Center like Howard drawing attention in the paint, Howard would also benefit from having another great ballhandler that could play in the high post.

I hate Draymond Green but if he signed with the Rockets I would warmly welcome him.

12. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

You mean like Ariza?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You guys really all hate Draymond Green? That's funny to me. Why? Because he competes and talks ****? He'd fit right in back in the 90's, when people still played basketball and didn't flop around and kiss their opponents on their foreheads before the tip.

If you add Green all you have to do is find more scoring somewhere and you have a team with dynasty potential if Dwight stays healthy.

Non-story to me though, no way GSW lets him go. They'd be better off trying to replace Klay Thompson than letting Green walk.

1 person likes this.
  14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lance Stephenson 2.0 They'll be trying to unload him by midseason next year

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Actually, we're among the teams interested in making GSW pay as much as possible to keep Green. That's the real headline.

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Now I've seen it all...every form of DM criticism imaginable on this forum.

How could an NBA general manager ever be "too damn greedy" when it comes to attracting players to your team?

Absolutely ridiculous.

17. jinyaotmac

jinyaotmac Member

I have strong feeling that he is not heading back to GS.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You mean he'll suck because teams wouldn't be focused on Harden and Howard?

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Kawhi, Iggy, Tony Allen, Ariza are great defenders too. How good would they be as second options?

I'm not assuming we're getting him. If we do get him, his play won't drop off much.
    Not like it matter, Golden State will match any offer.

Personally I am a fan of bringing him here after taking some time to think about it because he will be a good fit. But he will not fare well on any other team that doesn't have two high-profile players that the defense will be entirely focused on.
    If he needs to be your 2nd option, he will suck.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'd love drunk green interviews.