1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Its just politics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by The Voice of Reason, Jan 30, 2001.

1. The Voice of Reason

If you thought Steve was snobbed you would be wrong. I never thought for a sec. that he would make it. The All star coach chooses the reserves, and this year the Kings coach is the man. so If you hear rumors that your main man Webber is thinking about NY ans Houston, than you sure dont want to invite Houstons star, and best recruiter to your little party. Finley is surely deserving of the honor, so its not like he is choosing Doug Cristie or something. It is a smart choice for him, and Steve will get his dont you worry.

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

2. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

"snobbed" , "jiffed"? Where do you people get these words?

------------------
    Kenny Thomas had a foul called on him in the Western Conference Finals.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The All Star coach (Adelman) DOES NOT choose the reserves. The reserves are chosen in a vote by the coaches around the league.

------------------

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I didn't say 'zork'."

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

5. jamma34

jamma34 Member

words like snobbed and jiffed embiggen the soul.

------------------
    people who are related dont have to look alike. my mom and dad dont resemble each other at all

6. Band Geek Mobster

Isn't it obvious?

[​IMG]

(I'M JUST KIDDING!)

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited January 30, 2001).]

7. The Voice of Reason

err it was a typo

my poor english and spelling I can blame on computers, and not on any politician. although the Reagan Bush years covered my kindergarten(1980) through 12th(1993) grade technically
    If you are really quick you will pick up that i must have stayed back a year... well it was kindergarten, i am a November baby and they have weird policies in NY public schools

back on topic. Im pretty sure its the Allstar coaches, because back when Riley was the East's coach he picked Ewing and he deffinately didnt deserve it. A lot of people were upset especially because that was when Shaq, Zo, and Mutumbo were all in the east with Ewing. These are just my memories, and recolections, but since I was poorly educated maybe it was ME that was Snuffed, or Snubbed, or snooped or snogged(damn I wish I was snogged) depending on your school of thought

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

It's all the coaches, not the one chosen to coach the team.

------------------
    Nuggets4
    The Pinnacle - Rising to the Top With the Denver Nuggets
    http://www.NugsPinnacle.com

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since you don't want to believe me, perhaps this quote from the article on the ESPN web site will convince you:

"Fourteen players were picked in a vote by coaches as reserves for the Feb. 11 game at Washington."

To prove I did not make this up as well, you can find the article at:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/0130/1050622.html

------------------

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess i will go ahead and crush the next misconception before it gets started. If a player is unable to participate then David Stern picks the replacements. So if Steve doesn't become a replacement it is not because of Adelman.

CK

------------------
    Funniest comparison I have heard lately...
    Charles Barkley refering to John Lucas as George Jefferson

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member