1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] Copa América 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Nov 24, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Same difference! Good call. I liked Colombia's offense... it's fresh and inventive, especially with James learning from Real Madrid's style.

Neymar should be ashamed of himself for losing his cool like that. Now he has hurt his team for the next game. They're not completely out!

Good win, parsas! :cool:

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but where are the United States in this tourney?

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Parsas??
    You mean paisas or parces?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Concacaf

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Aren't Mexico & Jamaica both part of CONCACAF? Why are they in this tournament?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Had to look it up.... hope that answers it for both of us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Copa_América

BTW there is a Copa America version next year hosted by the US

1 person likes this.
  7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Ah, that makes sense.

8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Copa America is held by the Conmebol (South American Football Association) and countries in that region are the ones that participate on this tourney. Traditionally though, other countries will be invited to play as guests. Mexico seems to be invited a lot, I guess marketing purposes and whatnot.

9. Beavis Stiffler

SwoLy-D, what is happening to the national teams of Mexico?

2015 U-20 World Cup - eliminated in the group stage (1st round)

2015 Women's World Cup - eliminated in the group stage (1st round)

2015 Copa America - eliminated in the group stage (1st round)

2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup - ?????

Is the Mexican Federation going to have a meltdown if they don't win the Gold Cup?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Neymar suspended for the rest of the tournament, guy is becoming laughing stock with his constant nagging, acting and outrages.

Guess that's what happens when your whole nation pampers and glorifies you from day 1.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Treble winner

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nothing to do with it. He's captain for Brazil and with his bullish completely let down his own country in a major way, in a tournament that's happening every 4th year and is the world's 2nd most important to Brazilian people.

Embarassing to behave this way when you're an idol to youngsters and captain of a nation's football team.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish we would do an Americas cup like they do in Europe.

DD

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's called the concacaf gold cup.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's young and carries the weight of a nation. He will learn. Not everyone can be perfect.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs @ Néymar. :grin: Such a prima donna... he was not able to keep his cool. Sore loser.

Not a very good team. It seems people are still expecting greatness from the Champion U-17 teams. Not the same dudes... but we should make some noise again soon. :cool:
    Coach has been there for about 20 years. Not a single World Cup win in the few Cups for which they have qualified. Talent is there, but I believe they need a new coach. #fueraCuellar movement has started. We will lose all these good players before we can do anything with them. :( Did I mention the coach sucks? He sucks.
    Team wasn't good and only showed up versus Chile... while allowing Ecuador to get every loose ball and Bolivia to outrun them. I'm guessing that El Piojo Herrera was 'trying out' some dudes to bring to the Gold Cup squad. He won't admit that, but I am thinking that's his reasoning for not calling THE BEST. We're missing a bunch but that should not be any excuse to play better than how they played these past three games. That makes SEVEN games in a row in that tournament without a win. :eek:
    I think this will be Piojo's FINAL test... after losing to U.S. and A. and not being able to beat them in two matches. If the friendlies don't go well, I would like to see him canned BEFORE it. :mad:

They will do a "Copa América Centenario 2016" to celebrate the 100 years of it and it will be hosted in the U.S.A. and, what will be hilarious will be people who don't know a thing about it will think it's called "América" because of the host's name. :grin: preemptive LOLs

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Nah, won't happen.. He will play the Gold Cup tournament and most likely win it. Azcarraga runs FMF and they want that Confedarations Cup $$. It was always about that.

18. SexyButIgnorant

Glad Chile pulled out the victory tonight. I would have been pissed if we lost against Uruguay. I hate teams that put 10 men back and almost exclusively defend. That's weak. Especially when Mexico showed exactly how to damage Chile's defense, which is with fast counterattacks that come out of pressing the midfield when they went pass the centerfield. I counted way too many times where Uruguay had at least 7 men in their own 18 yard box. Crazy.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Since I remember Uruguay has always played this way... Doesn't make for a good game. Having said that, what's up with your boy Jara? lol

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What he meant is probably puzzle Gold Cup and Copa together..... and make it

one great Cup