1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

Still am. Would give them Ariza for Zeller in a heartbeat.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Seriously?

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I agree. The Rockets are usually quite secretive about their draft targets.

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I smell major smokescreen....it has to be

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, what? Why? You'd trade a starting SF to pick up what would be a 3rd string center? What do you do about starting SF?

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

Lmao please tell me you're not serious

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

That makes 0 sense from a basketball standpoint...that trade will for sure make our team worse

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Why is it a smoke screen if he's the best player available at 18. We so desperately need a pg. And Tyus' playmaking is elite and it's what we need from this draft.

If no one amazing drops or you don't find a way to move into the lottery you have to take Tyus Jones. No smoke screen just BPA with a lot of upside at 19.

9. Amir's Johnson

Basketballholic, do you have a life outside of Clutchfans?

10. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Basketballholic is probably Mark Cuban with half the things he says! Lol

11. basketballholic

Package DMo, Capela, #18 and see if I can get Hezonja. Zeller has 2 years left before restricted free agency. He's a year behind DMo. And he's developing well. He's a plus defender and a much improved shooter. They didn't ask him to shoot the 3 but he did improve his midrange. He's got 3-point potential that can be developed.

I still believe Zeller is a better player than DMo long-term. And I believe he can be great playing in the middle behind Dwight when Dwight sits. I'm fine with a big man rotation of Dwight/Smith/Zeller/#32 and I'd love to have Hezonja at the 3.

But that's just the way I roll.

Zeller makes DMo expendable in trade. And Zeller is a more attractive trade asset in my opinion than Ariza is. So I'd trade for him with idea of trading either him or DMo plus Capela and #18 for #4. I'd actually probably throw in next year's first to get Hezonja.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Morey keeps saying its tyus jones if we pick and he's there but really he is only saying that so nobody thinks he's moving up to draft booker.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is serious. He believes that Cody Zeller is much better than Ariza. I totally disagree with it. I have nothing against Basketballholic.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Lulz @ Ariza for Zeller

15. Old Man Rock

Again it's not a smokescreen if he is what we need. At 18 Tyus Jones is a good deal. Maybe great. I have Cameron Payne slightly ahead of him but he won't be there and Tyus Jones is so cool under fire. You can't teach that. Just watch some high school film and you'll see. He did what he was told to do by coach at Duke. But it's easy to see in high school that this kid is a lot more. Furthermore if you need more proof just watch the final four. The kid got MOP because he did what it took to win. That's the player he is. Okafor benefitted from him more than the other way around.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Morey never said that.

17. basketballholic

Yes, if that's all you're looking at is the immediate players. You have to account for free agency, etc. Trading Ariza, Dmo, Capela, #18, (throw in Jones/Dorsey too) and you've got a ton of cap space to work with. You want to get Llull over here??? Here's your chance. You want to sign Love outright?? Here's your chance.

Gotta look at the big picture man.

18. Old Man Rock

I know this won't get posted but you are an idiot. I can't wait till summer is over and you have to go back to junior high.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been trying to word a response to this.....but I'm just speechless.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I meant that's what morey wants out there so he can sneak a trade to move up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.