1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Love/Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 713, Apr 18, 2015.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Corey Brewer is a consummate professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

2. Mprice

Mprice Member

Stole this gem from minny lol.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Beat me to it! :grin:

Brewer seems to hit the 3 a lot better in a high pressure moment. He's actually not a very good 3pt shooter overall, but he always makes it when the play is broken down and the shot clock is expiring or when the pass to him was kind of off.

What I like about him is his energy on both ends. And he's a very good finisher on fast break.

4. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KRyYkimD-HE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I give it up to Corey for not backhanding everyone at that desk...

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Not sure how reliable:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to the Houston Chronicle, the Rockets plan on re-signing both Corey Brewer and Josh Smith <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StayinginHtown?src=hash">#StayinginHtown</a> <a href="http://t.co/14EiGL03Ad">pic.twitter.com/14EiGL03Ad</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Nation (@Rockets__Nation) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets__Nation/status/613426325957832704">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They also planned on re-signing Parsons. I want Brewer and Smith back, but the Rockets are also at the mercy of what other teams offer them.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Head band-of-brothers stay together!

9. Asian Sensation

10. Mimex

Mimex Member

Big quote!!!

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd like Brewer and Smith back.

There's not really any other players that could replace them for the MLE. And unless where bringing over Llull, Bev should be back too.

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I love it.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

What a difference two years makes.

15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

He did good last night. I'm the toughest on Brewer. I want to inspire him in hopes that these
    forum posts get back to him/the players. Horry was traded to Pistons; but was sent back because
    Sean Elliot failed his physical. Horry came back with a different mentality. An I'm not going to
    think to much--just do attitude. D'Antoni did a good job of allowing Brewer to attack the rim
    as ball handler.slasher to rim. It doesn't work with Brewer as spot up shooter. After a few
    drives..... his shot looked better. Good job Brew-man & D'Ant. Keep it up.

#55 Jatman20, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    napalm06 likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

brew is my most favoritest rocket after dekker, bevs, gordon, beard, anderson, montrizzle, ariza, nene, demo, capela, chinanu... cept for bobby brown. bobby brown is my second favorite after brews.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My eyes could be deceiving me, but I swear after that Anderson 3-pointer that put the Rockets back up 113-111, the camera showed a woman in the crowd wearing one of those black Rockets alternate jerseys with #33 on it. I didn't even know they made Brewer jerseys.

18. Chamillionaire

He shot 5/7 15 pts... played his best ball in a couple years. I'm glad he's getting burn instead of Ennis or KJ.

19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I hope Micheal beasley back. Josh is nice, if he can play more well in China

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really have no idea what happened to him. He's always been a terrible shooter, but prior to last year he had the ability to semi regularly impact games offensively with his breakneck style, while being a decent wing defender. He was never a great player, but he was a useful rotation guy and nobody batted an eye when we re-signed him

Last night he looked exactly like that guy again, slashing and getting out in transition. He still can't shoot a lick, and he's still a decent wing defender, but that slashing and fast breaking has been almost entirely MIA since last season and I cant figure out why.