1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Draymond Green worth the max?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 17, 2015.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

LOL.... he was just named to the board of Square.
    Some serious hits.. and misses for the guy.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If he somehow leaves GSW will his constantly physical play and illegal screens work elsewhere. Green was the biggest offender that got away with so much on that GSW team.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Green is worth the max. But I'd take him over Parsons any day.

[​IMG]

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Parsons isn't even getting max compared to the numbers flying around these days. Parsons is buff like a mutha in that pic. He's gotta be well over 250lbs.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What is the difference?

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wow green isn't even a top 25 player in the league, hell he might not even be top 40. He's got to be one of the most overrated player in the league. He's a very good role player but top 5 all around? That's so disrespectful to Lebron harden westbrook who are on a differnt level all around..... Kleanord clowns this dude in every facet of the game I don't see magic or anyone else gushing over him as top 5 all around player. I'm sorry magic but you have lost it.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This.

Earlier in the season I was critical of Green and the thought of paying him big time bucks. Now, after watching GSW consistently, I get it. He's worth every penny of whatever contract he ends up signing.

Shawn Marion meets Ron Artest with the tenacity of Bev. The type of player you absolutely HATE to play against.

8. Omron

Omron Member

Shawn Marion in his prime was pretty good and scary thing is Draymond can be better. Dude is like a swiss army knife. Many folks think he got shafted for Defensive Player of the Year. How many players can you field out there who can guard Lebron or a 7'1 Mozgov? How many players can get a triple double in the Finals who don't get any plays called out for him and is not a PG? On top of that, he's a born leader. If he's not worth the max he's gotta be close to it.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

magic and green are both michigan state alums.

at the end of the day, green averaged 12pts 8rebs 4assts on 44% FG, 34% 3PT, and 66%FT this past season. top 5 my assss

10. JazzLakerHater

Magic Johnson just continues to get dumber and dumber. Pretty sad for a guy I consider the second best player ever.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is worth rotten eggs and apples thrown at him

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he meant it as: "Among those players who would qualify as 'all-around' players, Draymond Green is in top 5."

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

To me, it's not so much a matter of what his skills should net him, but rather what is value is to the team. The Warriors really depend on him for their success- so in that sense, yes he is worth a max contract.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He's far from the only one here trying to say the Warriors are doomed after dominating the league and winning a title.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He cannot even speak properly, major issues there, and he does not sound like a well educated man

16. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

For that team, he's worth it.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is that worth the max though? A lot of Green's effectiveness has to due with GSW having such dominant scorers in the splash brothers and complete players at the 3 and 5, the best comparison I can think of this was the Celtics team with the big 3 doing wonders for Rondo.

If you take away both Curry and Thompson would he still be as dominant? I understand that people are saying he's a defensive MVP but the reality is the NBA has tons of people with great defensive potential, Asik, Golbert hell even Roy Hibbert are considered to be really good defensive big men, I don't think anyone will those guys are worth the max. The only difference is those guys have to worry about scoring on their own, Green can rely on everybody else on GSW to produce scoring so he can just defend and do a little bit of everything and suddenly he's worth the max, because there's no pressure on him to carry a team with so many lethal scorers on GSW.

If you think about it in that way then maybe he's worth the max to GSW since they have so many scorers and very few guys like Green, but on any other team Green would be seen as a role player. As a big man he averaged 11.7 pts, 8.2 rebs on 0.54% TS. Good numbers, but hardly worth the "max" :rolleyes:

18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah people keep throwing 12/8 out there but you can't quantify a lot of the things he brings to the table. This is a guy who can guard Howard on 1 play and Harden on the the next. Not too many guys in the league that can do what he does.

GS needs to go ahead and take care of this guy and be all in for next year. Championships are hard to come by.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

teams have room for 2 max guys. that makes about 60 max players. i think he's top 60 easily.

another thing to consider is the cap boom next summer will make these max contracts look like bargains. i'd rather pay him now.

finally, the warriors have to consider what he is worth TO THEM more than what his true market value is to the league. is it worth it to let him walk or pay him a few extra mil and contend again next year?

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wait, what? So if the league considers him 8M a year and you think he's worth 20M a year you pay him 20M a year? This is totally backwards from cap management 101.

GSW just needs to pay him enough so that he doesn't leave and go to another team, and honestly I don't think a lot of teams are willing to pay him 20M a year, although considering the hype he generated and how the media is pretty much all over him maybe some other team will be dumb enough to do so.

The point is the value should always be on others rather than yours when you're trying to keep guys around, you see what the market value is and then you gauge a player's value to your team when you decide to keep him or not. Doing it backwards results in you getting overpaid players.