1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So...we should trade with the Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

haradway & #13 can get you another star

2. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

What Kind of "Star" we talkin about. That package probably gets you Jrue Holiday or Deron Williams Not a top tier player we need for a championship.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

ummmmm a ty lawson type....

4. basketballholic

On draft night, agree to trade #18, DMo, Capela to Knicks for #4. Trade not executed until after the July Moratorium. Knicks draft Hezonja for us. We also agree to trade Ariza and next year's #1 to Detroit for #8/Anthony Tolliver to be executed after the July Moratorium. Take BPA at #8 (probably Winslow) and wait for teams to come calling on him. Draft Richaun Holmes at #32.

Reason being if Atlanta loses Carroll to free agency....they may bite on a Winslow for Schroder deal. That would be an ideal play for us. Then we can synergize all these moves with free agency. Still have Smith, Bev, Brewer on cap holds. Still have non-guaranteeds. Still have Terrence/Dorsey for salary matches.

We could drop all the cap holds and the non-guaranteeds and create upwards of $16 million in the above scenario and if we can find a taker for Jones we could create upwards of $18 million in that scenario. This would be what was needed to bring in a guy like LaMarcus (or Love or Marc Gasol) for nothing. Or maybe we just use the threat of cap space to get Portland or Cleveland to agree to a sign-and-trade that gets them a trade exception. Or we get Boston to sign-and-trade us a guy like Jerebko for another trade exception.

Options. Options. Options.

5. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

you CAN'T give up both of DMo and Capela!
    You'd be so ashamed of yourself two years from now looking back.

The trade should be : Llull+Jones+Pick18 with fillers both sides for some cap relief.
    That's 2/3 of a good team they'll be handed, in the lowly east that's smells playoffs.

6. basketballholic

With all due respect, I don't know if DMo, Capela, and #18 is enough to get #4 from the Knicks. You're suggesting #18, cap fodder in Jones, and an unproven Euro that may or may not come across the pond.

I'm trying not to laugh here. Respectfully, I don't know if my trade would have a chance. Morey wouldn't even have the guts to start negotiations with your trade suggestion.

7. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

No need to do that dude, we can't wait the rookies to get developed, we can just simply make a trade for those players who have already proved himself.

8. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

If we can get the pick. Id turn around and trade it for atl Dennis Schroeder. I think he will be good.

9. Mimex

Mimex Member

Don't touch my Capela pls!!! :(

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Schroeder would be unreal playing next to Harden. Capela, TJones, #18, #32 etc is a bit high of a price though.

11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, Capela, Dmo and the 18 isn't close to landing us the 4th pick. Secondly, there is no second.

12. Ol Bill Worrell

Are you nuts? That would land us just about anything we wanted except for top 10 players in the league and the top pick.

13. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Not even close.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Knicks would just facepalm at this. You don't trade a high lottery pick for a bunch of garbage.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Phil would block the Rockets number with such a ridiculous trade offer. If the knicks trade down they still will want to be around #10 to land kaminsky or payne.

16. Ol Bill Worrell

I'm not saying the Knicks make that deal but...

Clint Capela/Dmo/#18 Pick is a HAUL.

I promise you Capela and Dmo are highly valued in this league.

Dmo is an elite low post scorer.

Capela is 20 years old that will have similar size/athleticism as Deandre Jordan but with much more touch around the basket.

#18 pick. Well...it's a better pick than 12 other teams in the NBA.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Quick, somebody give Isiah Thomas a front office job again!

18. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Clint and Dmo is highly valued by US because we know what they can do. From a market value perspective, I do not think their value is as high as a high lottery pick in a good draft.

19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Pass whatever you're smoking cuss it must be some good ****. That is nowhere near enough to get the 4th pick.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Personally I would give up Howard for #4 and Hardaway. Hez, Porzingis or Russell are all fine with me.