1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LeBron Talk] Finals MVP on a losing team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

Would they be able to have monster stats and steal two wins from the best team in the league?

I normally don't support the idea of giving the FMVP to a player on the losing team, but Lebron just might deserve it.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Lebron deserves it but won't get it. The entire warriors team is filled with people that don't deserve, but are rewarded anyway by:

The media
    The refs/nba
    The basketball gods

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Typically I would agree that the MVP needs to be on the winning team. That said, win or lose, LeBron definitely deserves it. Ive always been pretty anti-LeBron, however he has matured quite a bit and has proven he can win.
    I still dont classify him as a GOAT. IMO, a player needs to meet these three criteria; 1) Physical toughness. 2) Mental Toughness. 3) Make players around them better. Lebron has always had the physical toughness. Over the past couple years, he has become mentally better. However he is still surrounding himself with beggars. This is where Golden State really shines. They play team ball and they believe in each other. By right, there is no true MVP. Everyone is well rested and can have an off night and still win. Lebron on the other hand, is facing another finals, carrying the team by himself. Yes, he is probably the best player in the league, but very soon his body will betray him, especially with the long minutes and extended season year in and year out. He needs to learn to defer and make his teammates better.

4. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

LBJ has clearly been the best player in the Finals regardless of the outcome

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

'Tradition' of FMVP being on the winning team aside, can anyone really present an argument if LeBron ends up winning it, though?

Even the most diehard of Warriors fan would only have the 'tradition' thing to hang his hat on.

If you switch LeBron and Curry, Lebron's Warriors would sweep while Curry's Cavs would struggle to win a single game, much less LeBron willing his way to 2.

6. ccmaximus

ccmaximus New Member

7. adobo

adobo Member

Is Lebron bigger than the game? If the true FMVP was due to the best player in the series..then i agree he deserves it.

But it has always been the most valuable player on the winning team (exception of Jerry West since I think there was a mistake where the media voted before the series finished).

Why not stop there, might as well just give the Lebron a ring also along with the Warriors team (if they win) since he had the best stats and did not get much help.

8. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

If it goes to 7 games and GSW wins, then I think LBJ deserves it. If they lose the next game, then no.

Anyway, it's a moot point. We all know Curry will be handed the award, deservingly or not.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It won't happen but this is the only time since I've been watching the finals that I've felt like it should happen.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, first time I've seen this. But to me it's clear. He's the MVP if the series was over right now. If things play out like they have been I would be surprised if he doesn't win it.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Tough call for a league who is always happy to put the fix in. On one hand, you have a guy who has been the best player and face of the league for the last 7-8 years. On the other hand, you have the guy who, for whatever reason, was pre-ordained to win the MVP before the season even started and who the NBA/media can't get enough of. Curry's only flaws as the perfect happy meal-selling media machine is not having a dad bod and toting around a fat, unattractive wife.

I say Curry gets it (but won't deserve it) if the Warriors win.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[Windhorst] Lebron on winning Finals MVP if Cavs lose: "I wouldn't feel good about it at all. I'm here to win a team prize not an individual prize." (twitter.com)

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

They probably won't give it to him

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No one that loses the finals deserves MVO under any circumstance. If you are the most valuable player in a series in BASKETBALL, your team wins

15. houtown

houtown Member

If LeBron James would've possibly joined the Houston Rockets last offseason in 2014 maybe this would not have been an issue.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It takes 5. Lebron had more points, rebounds, and assist than any player in the series.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lebron also chucked the entire series. He was incredibly inefficient in terms of scoring. Often times shot his team out of games

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You must not have watched the series. He did pass the ball and shump and jr were bricking shots left and right.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He did pass the ball a lot. But he was also terrible at scoring. Lots of points with TONS of shots and bad shots

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Chucking is what Westbrook does. Lebron was far from that. He had to make up for 2 missing starters and 1-2 bench players production. He did an amazing job at that but again that's way too much for a player to handle. Nothing anyone can say to criticize Lebron this series