1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Should we put Harden on Curry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 18, 2015.

1. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Let Curry get his. The key is to shut down everybody else.

2. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Barnes has improved a lot and is a pretty good scorer now. I would put James on Green and let Josh guard Barnes.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Just live with Terry on him, and slow down Barnes/Klay. Curry will get his regardless.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

No. Harden is one of the guys who gets stuck on screens really easily. He's a good isolation defender but when asked to track guys moving off the ball he really struggles. He's better suited on Barnes.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Prigioni's defense is better...

6. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I think Ariza can shut down Klay like he did Reddick and that's where he should be. Just put a point guard, Terry or Prigs on Curry, and worry about slowing down the rest of that cast.

7. basketballholic

A flat NO to Harden on Curry.

I want to see 2 lineups:

First lineup
    Brewer on Curry
    Ariza on Klay
    Harden on Draymond
    Jet on Barnes
    Dwight on Bogut

This leaves Smith/Jones/Pablo coming off the bench together. I think that would be good matchups against Iggy/Lee/Livingston.

Second lineup:
    Brewer on Curry
    Ariza on Klay
    Harden on Barnes
    Smith on Draymond
    Dwight on Bogut

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT GSW IN THE POST SEASON:

That's going to be an important factor for us in this series. We're gonna have to match them by running Terrence or possibly Smoove in the middle if they go small with Draymond in the post.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Would fatigue James. I watched curry vs grizzlies and they ran him through 2 or 3 heavy screens each time, and each time he was open. Many times the screens were moving but weren't called. We might have to switch everything on curry screens and picks.

9. bongman

bongman Member

You expect Harden to chase him around through picks all game long? How much energy do you think he'll have left for offense if the game is on the line? What if it goes to game 7? Stamina is a big part of the game.

10. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

i wonderful would it be for history to repeat it self and harden shuts curry down

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP missed out on a Carl Herrera thread title...

"Should we put the Chef on Curry"

or

"Can the Chef simmer down Curry"

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Is this Kerrs secret account?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ariza on Curry and Brewer on Klay. Bring Terry and Prigs off bench with 2nd unit. McHale has to show a different look, shake up the match ups for that starting 5, just like he did when he put Smoove in starting lineup.

14. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Might as well put nobody on Curry.

15. Ryris

Ryris Member

Play team defense instead of feed everything to dwight defense terry on curry terry did well chasing reddick around

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

Nick on Curry

17. basketballholic

We're seeing how to beat the Warriors. You make Draymond, a 30% 3-point shooter, and Barnes, hesitant in the big moments, beat you. You throw everything but the kitchen sink at Curry/Thompson to stop them. You make them adjust and then you adjust to their adjustments.

The Cavs have the Warriors cornered. Frankly, I believe the series is already over. The Cavs have the answer. And the Cavs are going to have the answer to the Warriors adjustments in game 4.

Watch this happen:

GS adjusts with David Lee in the pick-and-roll and scoring/playmaking out of the post. Cleveland already seen it in the 4th quarter of game 3. I expect the moment that Lee comes into the game Cleveland will counter by setting screens for Lebron in the blocks and rubbing Lebron off on Lee in the post. Lebron will be able to either score, dish, or draw the foul from Lee.

Game 4 will probably be more high-scoring with both teams getting better looks because of GS's turn towards more offense and less defense with Lee. CLE will counter with Lebron making a ton of plays in the post. I fully expect Lebron to win the post war with Lee and GS to be struggling for another adjustment in game 5.

18. ibm

ibm Member

^^

this series is far from over.

and gsw is a deep deep team. david lee is just one of the darts kerr can throw out there.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

It didn't matter what the defense did to Curry in the 4th quarter. He was still making his shots. If he was doing that in the 1st half, the outcome of the game would have been different.

20. TheJet

TheJet Member

The way Delly has been disrupting Curry with his pest like defense I would have loved to see Beverley get his shot. That in-your-face, no-space persistent annoyance seems to rattle Curry. That's right in Beverley's wheelhouse. Oh, what might have been...