1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm amazed that the news about Cersei and Margaery hasn't reached Dorne yet, it would've been a nice bomb for Elaria to drop on Jamie and make him go sad-face.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just because the princess saves her dragon by letting him stop fighting for her and fly her away doesn't mean the killing on the batle field ceases. Right

I'd expect everyone left behind to be killed

And that wasn't the Red One

Obviously these dragons are going to save the world and wipe out the white walker army. This is complete speculation on my part.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Since no one has mentioned it, I'll bring it up. Did you see the spikes on Drogon's back? Where the F*** did Dany sit?

There is no red dragon.

Drogon = Black (with hints of red)
    Rhaegal = Green (with bronze)
    Viserion = Cream (with gold)

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Remember that the show doesn't always happen in real time. The different storylines aren't necessarily concurrent with one another. Well, they more or less are, but not exactly.

5. conquistador#11

enjoyed the episode. i honestly think some people are just mad that they can't spoil things and tell you how they reedz the books. =)

these dragons look like they can easily be defeated in battle. we need some spear and dragon fire ballistic experts. How high does a dragon have to fly for it to successfully breathe fire on enemy without getting hit by an arrow or spear?

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The question to me was: Why does Drogon just look at the dudes who are 20m next to him and throwing spears, instead of barbecuing them? Could've roasted everyone but resorted to occasionally clawing one. Makes a grand entrance and burns up a bunch of Harpies, but then suddenly forgets he's a mighty flamethrowing dragon?

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No I don't think she has grey scale. His grey scale was covered by a scarf. I think the significance of Danny reaching out and taking Jorah's hand was to show the moment that Danny forgave Jorah and let him back into her circle.

9. crash5179

Burning Shireen, while cruel and evil, definitely served a purpose. Stannis and his troops were essentially dead and the Red Witch has shown the power of royal blood in the books already. I think it's safe to say Roose & Ramsey Bolton are now as good as dead.

10. crash5179

They have Crows, even better.

11. crash5179

This is very true. GRRM has gone out of his way to repeatedly show that most of his characters are capable of both good and evil.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Drogon is young and uncontrolled right now.

If the Dragons are constantly flying in and torching, they are basically unstoppable. He's a wild Dragon, who has never had a real threat, not a tactician of any kind.

There are quite a few theories as to how her dragons are going to be controlled n battle, and her riding one herself is one of the popular theories. That is why last night was such a big deal in the larger sense, like possibly dealing with the army of the dead.

13. crash5179

Wah Wah Wah....

Good grief. By the way, Danny last the support of many of the slaves when she cut off the head of one of the other slaves in public.

The unsullied are great warriors but they are trained to fight as a unit on a field. They were never trained to manage crowds or police cities.

14. crash5179

While the main story line remains intact, the details have been greatly changed from the book. In many cases parts of the books have been flat out omitted. In many areas the story line on the series has passed the story line in the books. So for the book readers, much of this IS new material.

Most of what a book reader might pass off as a spoiler at this point is nothing but speculation. Of course there are a couple of exceptions but not many.

As a book reader, I got over the series writers changing details a long time ago. The show is outstanding and has many jaw dropping moments. I think this has been a terrific season and the last 2 episodes have been outstanding.

15. crash5179

I was curious of that as well. Maybe his flame thrower has to recharge or something? I don't know. Maybe he is just young and that was the 1st time he has ever really felt threatened. It is the only time he has ever attacked a group in a defensive position while on the ground. He wasn't there just slaughtering, he was specifically there to protect his mother. Overall, I thought it was one of the coolest scenes in the series.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm actually surprised that people weren't impressed with this episode, thought this was nearly as good as last weeks.

Shireen's death has to be one of the darkest of the series and that's really saying something, this season has had 2 moments where the sounds of what was happening was much worse than seeing it.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The Dragons arent even in their final form...srs what are they like teens maybe? Theres no way they are adult size yet

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

This...of course Drogon is going to be naive in "battle" right now. It's going to have to be Khaleesi learning to control them or Bran after graduating Warg college.

Episode was good to me, they had been hinting at the Shireen thing but didn't think Stannis was going to pull it off. Pretty brutal to stand there and watch while it happened.

Only thing that kinda disappointed me was no discussion of the White Walker battle once they got back to Castle Black. They are probably saving it for next week but with them there I figured it would happen that episode.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How many years have passed in the story since the beginning of the show?

These Dragon has been out of their shells for maybe 6 or 7 years? And they did not have the benefit of learning from a Dragon mother either. So them being a bit clumsy or unsure in battle is not unbelievable to me.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree with the past few posts about the dragons and want to add that I believe the show wanted to portray drogon in a "frightened" and "weak" state to play up the mother of dragons angle. These are her children after all.

In a way it serves as a nice contrast to what Stannis did