1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Why do you care about the dickbags that question the titles? No matter what, it doesn't take away from the joy you felt when it happened. Everything afterwards is just bs anyways, so who cares?

Do you think USC fans care that they 'stripped' that Reggie Bush title?

2. Mr. Space City

funny thing is the rockets still beat great teams to win thier championships.

ewing knicks
    stockton/malone jazz
    kj/barkley suns
    mvp d-rob spurs
    penny/shaq magic.

the warriors haven't played anybodty really.

as a bassketball fan i just want to see great series and great teams beat other great teams.

shame injuires have robbed us this year of a great playoffs

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't care. But let's be honest. Even we'd feel somewhat underwhelmed about that 1994 title had they not defended it the following season. The Warriors are gonna get sh-t for this if they only win one.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The Warriors are still going up against LeBron. If HE got hurt, however, then I'd be ok with the asterisk talk. Do the Spurs get an asterisk for beating an even worse team surrounding an even worse LeBron?

Also, this series isn't over yet.

5. Mr. Space City

i never said the warriors deserve an asterisk

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah, my bad. Was just a general response to all the nonsense.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

All the warriors have done is hold HC for ONE game.

Lebron is still Lebron and this Cavs team ain't pushovers.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron can't do it by himself. Jordan couldn't even do it by himself nor could Kobe.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Game...Set...Match... This series is mutha****** over folks. Sweep them fools.

10. VanityHalfBlack

And as always, Lebron proves me wrong and it will probably go to 7 games, lol

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

But they would have had the win.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I foresee a sweep.

Remember. The Rockets had two close games as well and we got blown the **** out in game 3.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

J.A. Adande has already wrote a built in excuse article for the Cavs on ESPN smh

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Come on. This is pretty ignorant to say.

Took out Anthony Davis in the first round - dude is probably going to be ruling the league in the next few years.

Took out a really good Grizzlies team - probably the best defensive team in the NBA, with the best 4-5 duo in the league as well.

Took out the runner-up to the MVP + his annual DPOY-contending teammate.

And now they're leading 1-0 against the best player in the world, and winner of the EC.

If that's "nobody, really," then why even watch basketball, anymore?

1 person likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

LeBron isn't leading a team of D-Leaguers, though. Smith and Shump aren't exactly zeroes.

That said, EVERYONE on the Cavs roster needs to somehow find an offensive game. Missing Love sucks. Missing Irving might be insurmountable.

16. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I thought Love was suppose to play, what happened?

17. coach41

coach41 Member

Let's assume the Warriors win (As a fan, I definitely hope so).

Even in a span of a year or two, unless you are a golden state fan, no one is going to remember how the season went or maybe even care that the Warriors won.

I play in an adult / church basketball league. The league is friendly and emphasis is on fellowship and discussion. One of the leaders asked one time "Do you remember who won the NBA championship last year?" I'm probably one of biggest basketball / NBA fans around and I didn't remember. In fact, most people didn't even remember. The point was for the players in our league to not focus on winning because in a year no one will remember or care.

It's interesting that the same applies for the NBA. You enjoy the fruits of a victory for a year and then it's another team (usually) that enjoys it the follow season.

So all this talk about an asterisk assumes people outside of Golden State (players, fans, etc) will care who they played and the circumstances around the victory. Seriously, I don't think many people (fans) will care. There's other things to worry about.

1 person likes this.
  18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. If they played nobody. Who is somebody?

The spurs? that lost to the team that lost to the team they beat?

19. ibm

ibm Member

one time champion or a true dynasty or a historic all-time great team,,, time will for sure tell. what's the rush to judge? :)

this current gsw team certainly plays an enjoyable and unique brand of bball. i enjoy watching them play (except when they're playing us, lol). to me that's enough.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well they do have a excuse seeing that Love and Irving are not playing...

Grats to the Warriors as they put themselves in this position but...to say the series would be the same if Love and Irving were both healthy is just flat out wrong.

Injuries have that effect and to me are legit excuses to why a team loses. It's not a excuse to take away from the warriors though but should the Cavs lose their fans should definitely look back and say yeah...things would have been different if we were healthy.