1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW is a long term problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rileydog, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

First, let me say that I can't stand steph curry, draymond green by they annoy the hell out of me, and the Warriors in general bc they beat us.

That said, they are poised to be a long term problem if curry remains healthy. Their brand of basketball is lethal in the regular season because to beat them, you have to go full out on defense to chase them around screens etc. Teams can do that in the playoffs but won't muster that kind of energy on a regular basis in the regular season. Also, they are two deep at every position and, even if they lose some to salary cap or free agency considerations, they can easily weather those losses.

The GSW are going to win 60ish games for a while. In future seasons, they will learn to coast a little, rely on their system and depth, rest starters, and still be able to get HCA and maybe the 1 seed.

It may sound like I'm "crowning" them, but I'm not. I'm just saying that these guys are poised to be regular season juggernauts for a long time bc of their style of play and talent level.

And for the record, I'm not trying to be a "hater" for the sake of hating. GSW plays a beautiful brand of basketball. But curry preens so much, and draymond is just an asshat. Yes, I'd love them if they were on my team, but they're the enemy and have no class. I respect the Spurs because of their brand of basketball and their players (since Bowen left) are classy.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, if they can keep that team intact they are going to beast for awhile.

DD

3. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Depends on the off season, teams can always build.

4. a711

a711 Member

Agreed. Their team isn't going away anytime soon.

RIP Western Conference.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Actually . .. IMO . . . . The Rockets have to go into SPURS Mode.
    Meaning. . . . they have to get to the idea that they need to make the playoffs . . .
    Then rest players and restrict minutes and be healthy and fresh

That Said. . . . Without injuries GW could have been upset by Rockets or The Grizz
    I don't think it was a slam dunk they could have beat the Clips or The Spurs either

Regular season does not matter as much
    when it comes to play off times. . . .be prepared to go all out for 28 games if necessary

Rocket River

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Clippers with depth and without choking should challenge them.
    The Thunder with 100% health coukd challenge them.
    The Rockets with some upgrades and health will challenge them.
    The Spurs with LMA will give everyone trouble.

The Warriors continuing to have their top 8-9 players healthy will be tough for sure though.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Also with an off-season of study I could see minor adjustments that could slow down the Warriors.

Box and 1? (Yes great three point shooting team but so much driven off pick and roll action)??

Hard doubles??

Other strategies I don't know about!

8. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Draymond basically is the piece that takes them from pretty damn good to amazing.

If he leaves this summer, Golden State won't be the same and they aren't a long term problem.

Also, if the NBA moves the 3 point line back again, they'd be screwed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you think OKC will have 40 ish seasons in the long run every year?

They will be winning more. I hope NOLA emerges, I think Twolves should make some noise.

I am hoping and probably it will happen that next year will be tougher for the Warriors

I really hope Cousins will go to a better team. That the power in the West balances itself out

10. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

What happens to the Clippers this summer could shift the entire balance of power in the NBA....if Deandre leaves, all bets are off for what happens to Chris Paul.

T-Wolves are ages away from the playoffs.

Jazz are the team probably closest to unseating someone in the West. They're a point guard away from being pretty relevant.

11. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

You know what? Anyone but the Jazz please.....

OKC and the Spurs could be dangerous after this off season.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bogut seems to be the barometer

I think if he is injured again . . . they become pedestrian again

<iframe src="http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html#payroll::none" width="800" height="800"></iframe>

Their Cap Space Next year . . . .
    Lee and Speights can be trade as expiring contracts
    Barnes and Ezili will be looking to be extended

For Comparison

<iframe src="http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/HOU.html#payroll::none" width="800" height="800"></iframe>

Rocket River

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The circle jerk of Steph Curry by the media for the next 10 years will be very tiresome.

The one thing the Warriors have proven is the value of coaching and a sophisticated offensive system. They went from forgettable to historic simply because of coaching changes.

14. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

I actually wonder if Rondo would sign with the Jazz this summer.

They're the one team desperate for a point guard to take them to the next level and would pay him well in order to do so. Then again, I don't think they've ever signed a marquee free agent.

15. a711

a711 Member

Everytime someone suggests that Draymond might not be on GSW next year, an angel gets choked to death.

Just stop.

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

There are loads of cases of players leaving championship squads.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Doubt it.

"In 1,214 minutes with Bogut off the floor and Green on it, the Warriors have allowed just 97.0 points per 100 possessions, a mark that would still lead the league."

18. a711

a711 Member

Draymond has no choice in the matter, lol.

Not that he wants to leave, at all, nor should he.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Isn't Morey the one who concluded through his "analytics" that coaching has a minimal impact of about 5 wins? lol

20. a711

a711 Member

What everyone ignores is that Bogut was injured last season. He makes a huge difference for what they can do.

Also Draymond playing more/better.