1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Rubio and Rondo are EXACTLY the point guards we DO NOT need. STOP IT.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And what the F do you contribute around here joker. Is this even your team, heck no. So miss with this BS and go back and follow your original team. You sir are a bandwagon Rockets fan at it's best. And joker I was talking to dobro not a jock riding chump like you. On the internet crushing on a dude. smh

3. Zbed

Zbed Member

McHale could make Rubio shoot 200 3s after every practice like he did Dmo and Smoove. We saw improvements in their shots almost immediately, could help Rubio. Interesting player but I'm not sold on him being a fit here.

4. malakas

malakas Member

yes its my team and I have much more to say about it than you who have nothing best than to attack legit insiders from your armchair. The fact that you even posting in this thread that is about the subject of your insults says everything.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Rubio has shown some improvement in his shot this year but Im not holding my breath that he improves much. He hasn't all these years. His contract is fine for the new market environment and the injuries are mostly bad luck like the harmstring sprain.
    But the fact that he will need almost all the assets the Rockets have to get here, makes him an awful choice.
    Better wait and try everything for Lawson. He's not a perfect fit either but much better than Rubio.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Only coach or team that would help Rubio game is Popovich and the spurs. Rubio wouldn't be worth shat in Houston.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Seriously? Someone still wants Rondo on this team? Sure. Why don't we all just go snort some anthrax while we are at it, signing Rondo would be like poisoning yourself. Dude walks out on his team. The personality that allows him to do that is not going to change. So let him go poison some other team. We sure as hell don't need it.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This sequence of events makes the most sense.

The only thing we don't know is what the organization thinks of specific players.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Llull may come now with him winning the title.. Was a big goal for him.

If he accepts - Rockets are not optimistic about keeping Brewer...

things change all the time...

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can't imagine why we wouldn't feel good about keeping Brewer if we really wanted him.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't let these dudes push you off the board. If I may borrow from "Almost Famous":

William: They hate me.
    Lester Bangs: Don't worry, you'll meet them again on their long journey to the middle.

Hey, at least he was up front with his Tourette's. Wait til you get the cowardly anonymous jerk comments in your rep. Then you'll know you've arrived.

12. King901

King901 Member

Money talks

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well this sucks. What would be the reasoning behind this? Couldn't they easily afford him even with Llull?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So if we get a PG we won't exercise the early bird option on Brewer? Hmmm.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks. I'm confused, tho - - why would Llull's signing have any impact on Brew? if a team wants to offer him more than $8m (?), the Rox CBA limit, then that's one thing. But, who would? OK, besides Cubes, that is... :grin:

1 person likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx cyber!! Is there a time when he has to give an answer? Like draft day or 1st of july? Because it's important where the mle is given kj and smith are waiting for it as well if it doesn't go to llull. Or are the Rockets prepared to wait until the end of summer?
    Why is the Lllull decision tied with Brewer I wonder. Role in the team?
    Because financially the two shouldn't be tied. We have early bird on Brew.
    I honestly can't see anyone offering more than 8 per.
    Thanx again.

Thanx. Just because Im a Bucks fan too some think that I can't be a Rockets fan as well. No matter that the two teams meet only twice a year in insignificant games, and the one is contender and the other is rebuilding.
    Whatever. I am more worried about running off the real important posters, the insiders. I have seen it happen in other forums. These guys risk enough to give us little info as is, they don't have to put up with insults and attacks on top of that. We should be grateful.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I hope that the angle is we offer KJ McDaniels the primary backup wing slot if he will accept the QO.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Maybe he misspoke and meant Smith.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

That make even less sense seeing how KJ is more likely to leave unless we offer some of the MLE that would go to Llull in this situation.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I hope cyber answers that, but theres like 1% chance that Kj stays for so little money. Lllul should be tied with kj not with brew. If llull comes Kj should be a goner.
    It's got to be about role and minutes.

Who will give Brew 8 per? Certainly not the Knicks and LA. Portland? If they lose Matthews and Afflalo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.