1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Bro, so those girls you showed me oh man oh man.. Crazy stuff! Got any more videos?? even pictures would suffice??!? :grin:

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If they didnt extend his contract, it could well mean that Liverpool is waiting for Klopp and therefore doesn't want to sign a new coach. Keep your hopes up, Jontro breh.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Holy ****! James Milner to LFC!! I haven't been this excited since Istanbul '05!

4. Ismail

Ismail Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brendan Rodgers said Do you want to sign for Liverpool? I said I'll think about it. Then I thought about it, then I said Yes. He said Great.</p>&mdash; Boring James Milner (@BoringMilner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoringMilner/status/606385314861588481">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Milner is a good mid. I will miss him.

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Milner was the rare flexible utility player on City's roster. He also seemed to be a bit of the heart and leader of the club. Now they will be even more a squad of individuals. Haha.

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Milner, who!?
    jk.. hope he brings some needed help at mid for LFC.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Oh Jontro, how soon you Liverpool fans forget the awesomeness, brilliance and just all around savvy that was Hicks and Gillette.

Srsly though, I think things will work out for Liverpool and FSG. Like Yung-T said, you never know if the wait is for Klopp next season.
    A contract extension means nothing, even if he got one.
    If they were to let BR go, it's not like there's a bevy of great managers without a job AND looking to get hired right now(Ancelotti and Klopp are taking their time and for good reason).

Just see how next season goes and I bet if Liverpool falter again, Rodgers will be sacked at the end of next season and Klopp just might be in there.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I agree with the bold(although I think Kompany is more the heart and leader of the club). Milner is just a valuable player to have imo. More talented than some ppl think too. Solid signing for Liverpool, but now who else do they get?

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Bring Raheem Sterling to Old Trafford! Just for the kicks and laughs. Also, I can cross off "seeing a player transfer between Man United and Liverpool" in my list of things I want to see once in my lifetime.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Since they moved FPSF to Reliant I'm watching the Final in Rice Village.

Anyone want to join or recommend a spot? I was gonna hit up Kelvin Arms or Baker Street.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Right, a collection of random individuals with no chemistry who have won two championships in the past 4 seasons. :rolleyes:

13. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

As a City fan I always liked Milner. Unfortunately, we could never give him the playing time he deserved as he was never going to get above Silva and play in his desired attacking mid position. Best of luck to James except for the 2 times he goes against City.

14. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Way to much discussion about a mediocre English player that's 29 years old. Milner is mediocre and Liverpool is mediocre. Match made in heaven, but let's move on.

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't say random individuals or no chemistry. Very talented individuals playing to essentially win individual battles. No real identity in the first championship but loaded with cash and talent versus a non-spending Arsenal, readjusting ManU, and offensively inept Chelsea. Then they get Pelligrini who instilled a bit of an identity of "attack even more-send it to Aguero and let him beat everybody!" PL defences are generally not great so there you go, it can work in England with weaker top teams.

They will remain good with Aguero, David Silva, & Kompany (although huge drop off this season) as the anchors at each level but otherwise they are getting OLD and lately seem to randomly sign redundant attacking talent with no forward team building vision.

Dunno, I appreciate Kompany and David Silva but otherwise...

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I would say Baker Street.. or even Little Woodrow's.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lulz @ Gerving again trying to dictate what people in an open forum should discuss. Really needs his own thread.

Treatment of guys like Milner, Barry and other English players is what I really dislike about City, management completely parted with their roots and the identification with the club and tradition is destroyed more and more each year. Only five English players left at City, it's a sad state.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Bayern better not fall into that trap.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dzeko was not fit and not good this year. Jovetic was ineffective and signing Bony during the January window was just odd timing. Yaya looked disinterested far too often during the season, Kompany was definitely not up to his usual game this season. DeMichelis is old and Mangala is young and foolish. Nasri is often injured or ineffective, Navas couldn't put in a cross to save his life in the Premier League apparently and is laughably bad at corners. Fernando is useless and Fernandinho is clueless too often.

Hart, Aguero, Silva were the only reason they were able to finish 2nd.

The signings have been bad lately.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eMZqtrVdiTF/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>