1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

GSW is gonna mop this Cleveland team. Lebron is going to do his thing offensively...but you have to play good defense against the Warriors to beat them. I'm just wondering what this is going to do for the "Lebron" Legacy if the Warriors make quick work of the Cavs...Also not really sure if Kyrie is healthy enough to make this a series.

2. bballjunkie281

Just to be clear - you are saying GSW will sweep the Cavs because the Cavs don't play good defense?...

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I pick the LerBons in 3 on double overtime.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

In my opinion the Cavaliers play excellent defense, better than the Warriors. LeBron is going to his thing, but so are Curry and Klay. Therefore, the defense is the keyword here. Kyrie will probably be back in good shape (he will play no matter what) and that's the factor the Warriors will have a lot of headache.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

By the way, the situation in the poll is presently 125:100 CLE:GSW. Looks like the poll shows something else than the general tone of the posts.

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

If Cavs put Lebron James at the 4 and T. Thompson at the 5. Will cause the some lineup problems for the Warriors. That line-up can run and spread the Warriors defense.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think this is more about GS hate because of the series instead of Cavs support. I could be totally off here.

I'm thinking GS in 6 (or maybe 5). There will be adjustments on both sides though, so it's really unfair to be assured in looking so far ahead. For game 1, it's all about Cleveland's OR and lack of floor balance. If GS can fast break them to death, Cleveland will have to play small, and I'm really curious as to how that will go.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Cleveland in 4? Some ppl think so.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ AI vs. Shaq

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Been out for a week... who won?

Oh wait, they still haven't played yet???

13. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

I do not understand for the life of me why the NBA has not made ESPN/ABC create a better theme. This is the junk we had to deal with this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YUGy2UcEnt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I may be completely off my rocker but I don't think Cleveland has a snowball's chance in hell of winning this series. It's admirable what Cleveland has done this season but it was in the East. The West is the best. Ride the snake...to the ancient lake. The blue bus...is calling us.

One of these DFW radio clown sports announcers picked Cleveland in 7. Umm...picking Cleveland to win game 7 @ GS. Cough...BS!

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

GS in five. They're too deep and Cleveland is banged up. Even if Kyrie were 100%, I'd give GS the edge. They're gonna let Lebron do his thing and shut everyone else down.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If cavs win I think Lebron would be in Goat conversation. This win would be more impressive than any ring jordan won or really any single player in last 30 years.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You obviously don't watch the cavs. They are good on defense. They just go long stretches without scoring which might be a problem in this series.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

John Tesh > will.i.am

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They're 18th in the league on defense.

I don't doubt they're capable of putting up fierce resistance particularly when LeBron is expending tons of energy on defense but nothing indicates they're an elite unit on that end.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

They didn't do so well, defensively, during the season. But they've been the third best defensive team in the playoffs, this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/seasontype/3

Where do you get 18th?