1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QrVoZ43eF_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Like it, you will.

3. joesr

joesr Member

O need a new windows phone for Sprint. Why wont sprint get anything like ATT selections?

4. VanityHalfBlack

When is the Iron Man S6 available to buy?

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I got an incredible offer on my note 3 so i bought a ZTE Max to hold me over for a year and eventually be my back up. So far so good so in no rush will wait for note 5 cash price to fall

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Waiting for the new nexus line

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I would've kept the Note 3

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

anyone? its android 5.0 i believe...the very first version on the zenfone...maybe the dismiss option wasn't avail then?

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It only was going to keep its value a little while longer. I had it 15 months for 50 bucks net

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

It seems a bit buggy and laggy when browsing, also had some other quirks with the mic not detecting noise. But for the price, it is excellent.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I currently have a Note 3 (AT&T) version but am tired of the locked bootloader. Looking to getting a new phone and the OnePlus One looks interesting, especially with the price drop.

Should I sell my Note 3 and get the OnePlus One? I'm very familiar with the Android OS, rooting, flashing roms, etc., so I am not too concerned about it being an "older" model with the OnePlus Two coming out soon. I just want a phone that can handle Lollipop and Android M. Thoughts?

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why not try the Nexus line?
    I don't remember if this is still a problem but I heard OnePlusOne screens sucked and had color bleed problems or something.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I've seen the lag a couple of times on ESPN where there are many videos and pictures. But regular browsing there is no difference between this phone and my old LG3. Turning off javascript resolves any lag, so I'm thinking it could be a Google Chrome issue. Some people said Firefox is quicker

15. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Good point. The price on the Nexus 6 is very reasonable and I was thinking about picking up a Nexus phone before I got the Note 3. I had heard a lot of good things about the OnePlus One which is why it was at the top of the list. But looks like I need to do a bit more research on the two phones. Can't believe the Nexus 6 is only $200 right now.

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Are you setting up an alarm via asus clock or googles clock? you probably got the option to dismiss the alarm early at the notification bar because it was from google's clock which is tied to google search/google now.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

smh... That's with a contract. The Nexus 6 is priced at $649.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

549 and 599 at t-mobile for 32gb and 64gb.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Just preordered my LG G4. LG is running a promo for a free battery, external battery cradle/charger, and a 32 GB SD card.

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The one thing I hate about the oneplus one is that they didn't include Band 2 for LTE which is idiotic since AT&T and TMobile use it. They also left off Band 5 and Band 12 which AT&T and TMobile use respectively.

I'm a big believer in buying phones that match the network portfolio of your carrier. You're making a multi-year investment so it should be capable of accessing the entire network of the carrier you are choosing.

If you're with AT&T than you can get by with a OnePlus One. (although AT&T is getting more and more unorthodox with its LTE deployments since they're aggregating up to 3 bands at a time in some areas) If you're with TMobile, go buy a phone with Band 12 LTE. It makes such a big difference. You'll get the signal strength and penetration that AT&T and Verizon have with their 700 mhz LTE networks (especially in Houston since TMobile's tower spacing there isn't as optimal as it should be).