1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley hopes to return to Rockets, but Chandler Parsons is calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2015.

1. xAliceInChains

yeah lmao at that proposal, insane.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Howard, Parsons, Beverley

Why does Cuban wants guys from a team that "isn't very good over there"? :confused::p:rolleyes:

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

In theory to make us "even less very good over there" one would assume ?!?!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is telling when the team owner is a more vocal guy than the GM or press guy.

That guy is passionate about winning, I might not agree with his decisions but that I can respect

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't believe Cuban is dumb enough to make give $$$$ to Bev just like that.. I think Bev comes back on like a $3 million deal. He seems practical enough with his money.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I like Bev as a dude as much as I like him as a ball player. If he gets paid and set for life somewhere else God bless him. Most players don't play very long and injuries shorten even budding stars careers (Remember Brandon Roy?) A basketball career is a huge gamble so if he wins I am happy for him.

On the other hand, I don't like the thought of Cuban trying to F us just to F us as if there arent 28 other teams to compete with. He lost the Parsons deal and that's cool but I lost all respect for Parsons (wasn't always proud of him on our team to begin with) but I liked that he could have been a Rocket Lifer which is rare even in the rest of the NBA. Cuban screwed that dream and he is probably going to try and screw another one just to be an A-hole. I don't respect his sorry ass at all and it takes the excitement out of the offseason because instead of just competing with other teams in a fair market battle you have a guy who is singling you out to beat you to whoever you are going after cause he is just spiteful. I am pulling for Morey and hope he gets they guy/s he wants for the right price.

7. kevtse

kevtse Member

lets screw cuban one more time!

8. treeman

treeman Member

Are we sure this isn't some dastardly plan by Morey to Lure Cuban into overpaying for broken players who are destined to underperform on the Mavs? He trolls Cuban on twitter and wherever else he can, Cuban in a fit of jealous rage swears to steal any reasonably productive player he can from Morey, and he ends up getting two starters on ridiculous contracts who can't do for Cuban what they once did for Morey?

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Nah, don't say that. I see the only problem they have is the system. If they fire Carlisle and trade for McHale, I predict all those players will be as good as they were with the Rockets.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

They need to sign Prig and Dorsey too so they can succeed

11. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Two of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read. Dear God.

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Shhhh. Don't let Cuban know that Dorsey is our hidden treasure.

13. hakeemthagreat

Bev will go and nicely contribute anywhere he goes. We surely needed him this year against GS. In the games we played GS with Bev, his averages weren't close to what he recently did against us. A defensive guard is needed in the West, whether starting or coming off the bench. He'll just need to scale it back during the regular season to avoid injury

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I would like the Beverly we had a season ago that played with a lot of energy and could hit an open 3. Prior to injury he just wasn't playing the same. I'm not sure he was really healed enough to play effectively in the time he did play this season.

His defense was off and his shot was non existant. I hope it was just that he was still hampered by the hamstring injury but I think he just isn't a starting PG material. No need to overpay to keep him.

I think Nick Johnson can be effective and we keep Terry. We just need to find a starting PG with an eye toward Nick being our future.

15. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Dallas will only be able to offer him the MLE after they resign Ellis and Tyson Chandler (or Deandre Jordan if he choose Dallas over LA which I doubt).

You think Morey / Cuban will do a sign and trade to swap Beverly and Rondo?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Passionate about winning? He's no more passionate then Les.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

dude is going to get at MIN $6-7 mill from some team....

A. Bradley was out for the season with a bigger injury & still got $8mill

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Considering how deep the PG position is in today's game I highly doubt it.

Consider Ariza only got $8 million as a similar though far superior 3 and D styled player, at a position of considerable less depth around the league.

Bev is not a starting caliber PG in today's game and should not be paid like it.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cuban always over pays... He will do it to hurt us. And at a bar...

20. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon · May 30
    I wouldn't take Chandler Parsons' "recruiting" of his buddy Pat Beverley too seriously. Mavs unlikely to spend much on PG this summer.