1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry to Harden:"All Year Dawg, You pushed me"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean size and athleticism. Skill, intelligence, leadership and consistency he's there.

And the point guard pool is very talented now, Paul, Kryie, Parker, Wall.. he was the best

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I just feel they are in a very lucky spot.... this year. They deserve it.

Yet I like to see the Warriors and Curry win a title when ADavis is his prime,
    the Spurs or another team is dominant.

Cavs are healthy, even Rockets healthy

I felt like Durant mailing it in and Spurs being knocked out, Clippers knocked out and CP injured, Curry had a lot of luck this seasn.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this feeling

3. Asian Sensation

James Harden is the bomb. Raiseeeee the Roooooof!!!

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you still have to win games and make shots.

you can play what if all day... i know you enjoy that game

5. Chamillionaire

The guy is unstoppable. Da Fu

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bev won skills challenge.
    Bev >>>>
    :)

7. Chamillionaire

By a wide margin. Curry is a beast, maybe not in stature but in terms on his game. He's unstoppable on offense. The only thing you CAN do is to double then you have the 2nd (or 3rd depending on how you view Korver) shooter in the league in Klay.

It's pretty obvious Curry is better than Harden at this point. He's more consistent, better shooter, and dare I say a better passer. Look, I'm the biggest homer of Da Beard but Curry is better and it's not even close.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sense some Curry hate here. Dude is amazing and it took this series for me to actually acknowledge that but I see. He can really ball. Shoot, dribble, pass and even has defense. His rebounding is slightly underrated.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Haha Asian Sensation in the hizzy! Tiggity toight!

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

So am I. I was dismissive of Curry before this series thinking Harden was easily the better player. But Harden still has some growing to do. I thought Harden was unstoppable, Curry is absolute money and is much more consistent, particularly in the playoffs.

I'll say the improvement from '14 to '15 was pretty big. Harden went from maybe borderline Superstar to clear cut Superstar and one of the best players in the league. If he makes the same level of improvement going into '16, watch the **** out.

11. New

I don't know. They beat us and we have two superstars who are the best in their positions. Klay is a star but not a super star and Green is...

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Does Curry and KD scare you defensively as much as LeBron?

LeBron is head and shoulders better.

The only thing obvious is Curry has better talent and coaching around him.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I totally thought he was saying "it's all good, dog. it's all good," when I watched it live. I figured Harden was either apologizing for the physical series, or checking on his health from that fall.

Pretty cool. I want to hate Curry, but I can't. He torched us, but he wasn't a pompous ass about it, or at least I didn't really feel like he was. Draymond Green? Now that's a different story.

14. MD_in_Training

This.

It's a lot easier to appear better when the opposing team has to worry about 2-3 other guys on the floor, and you are guarded half the game by 38 year olds. How many open shots came his way this series? How many open shots did Harden get? I'm not saying Harden is better, but it was an uphill battle for Harden every step of the way, while Curry had it relatively easy. He had a much harder time with the Grizz than with us.

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Wardell Curry is from the street. He learned it in his hard youth growing up the son of an NBA player.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It pushed him to score 23.8 instead of 22.2

#jesussaves

17. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I dont think being on team USA says much, Tyson Chandler and Dwight were on the same team and they hate each other. I think they were just being Honest about the year they had, but you can tell with some of the comments both James and Curry made in the media that they're not buddies. (I think)

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

As much as I don't really like Curry, I have to respect his game. Dude can shoot better than any NBA player in history. Passes and involves all of his teammates. He can break down some of the best defenders with his amazing handles. And he has yet to show me any sort of mental inadequacy. Great, great player.

He is as good as a player can possibly be without having a 6'8" 250 lb frame. He doesn't have the athleticism or the length of Lebron, Durant, Kobe, or MJ. He is as good as a person can play basketball without the advantage of athleticism. I have to respect that.

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

They may not be buddies, but they respect each other I think. And Team USA does actually matter. You're with a group of guys from all over the NBA in a foreign nation playing the game they love. If you're a charismatic person, like Harden or Curry, you'll definitely bond.

20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lebron can't individually lock down Harden, Durant, Westbrook etc.

Great players will always be able to get theirs unless they have been game planned to be doubled, trapped and constantly hounded by multiple fresh bodies through out the game.

Hence why Harden struggles against the Clippers, Doc forces double on Harden and always keep the pick n roll defender close to Harden and the Roller. Also Deandre Jordan is a beast.