1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we fix the PG postion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, May 28, 2015.

1. Muaz

Muaz Member

What do you guys think about Rodney Stuckey as a backup 1-2 rotation player? Played for super cheap for the pacers last year and was a great replacement for Stephenson. 12.6/3.5/3.0 last year on 44%fg and 39% from 3(only takes about two a game). He basically replaced Stephenson's production, and is a great secondary creator. His fresh start with Indiana should get him a nice contract this offseason. I think his physicality and playmaking ability would be really nice on the Rockets.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2406143-how-rodney-stuckey-is-becoming-the-new-lance-stephenson-for-the-indiana-pacers

I don't like bleacher report, but this was a great analysis.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2015/04/18/pacers-free-agents-who-stays-who-goes-stuckey-allen-scola-sloan-watson-copeland-/26004965/

A bit of a look into Indiana's free agency situation. Also mentions that Stuckey plans to lose 8-9 pounds so he can play a lighter,quicker version.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/05/indiana-pacers-george-hill-rodney-stuckey-fundamentals

Analysis on Indiana's late season run where they beat the Cavs twice and the Warriors, both or which are in the finals now. Alot of credit should goes to Vogel cause he's a great coach, but Stuckey played out of his mind.

I feel like signing Stuckey to a 3-4 year 15-20ish million dollar deal, or working a sign and trade with Beverley and pieces for maybe like Stuckey and Mahimi/Hill or something would be huge. Also maybe free up some space for Capela to get minutes and develop, but we are definitely in win-now mode and Mahimi averages 4.3 ppg with 5.8 rpg and would be a consistent backup, and can play if something happens to Howard.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think you need to use what money you have for someone who fits with Harden, someone to take some pressure off Harden as a playmaker, a starting type. Once you get someone like that, I don't know if you'll have the money to sign Stuckey as a backup? I think you can't play Stuckey next to Harden for big minutes and win a championship, those two together would be the worst backcourt defense in the league.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

Anyone see that Jason Terry broke Curry's ankles and made him fall at the end of the 3rd quarter?

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Alston->Brooks->Lowry->Dragic->Lin->Beverly->Terry->?????

The Rafer curse lives on. Whoever the starter is, the backup will eventually take his spot due to injury.

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Jerian Grant.

Slated to be selected around that 18th pick of ours.

Size at the Position.
    Defense
    Offensive Playmaking ability
    This dunk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slDqJd6jKAg
    Passing
    Can hit the 3 ball decent enough
    Comes from a similar system of 3's and paint buckets
    4 year college guy at 22, much more polished than typical rook, more NBA ready
    Did you see him last tourney?

Make Grant the back up PG, solid rotation guy. Move Bev Johnson and other pieces however which way to S&T an upgrade to the starting PG.

Yeah so ever since March Madness, I peaked at Mock Drafts and had fingers crossed for Grant. Pls, Morey...pls.

6. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

You do realize this was just PR talk right? Athletes say this all the time without actually being sincere about it. There's no way in hell Lowry wants to come back for McHale. Lowry hates Mchale.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

1. Lowry
    2. Collison
    3. Schroder
    4. Lawson

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if we end up unable to acquire any of these, then i'd be happy shooting for jarrett jack or trey burke as well. one of those 2 along with terry, and either beverley or llull, would be a nice improvement over this past season.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, we should definitely take your word over Lowry's. That makes sense. LOL.

Anyway, Kyle is still #1 on my wishlist. If the rumors that BKN is willing to move Jarrett Jack are true, I wouldn't mind him. I thought it was weird at the DL that we weren't one of th teams rumored to be interested in him. We should've been, IMO.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think he hates Morey or McHale, but I don't think he's a big fan. I read the excerpt below as saying that the Rockets had a clear shot at Lowry, but blew it for Carmelo Anthony (YUCK). He said this at the beginning of the season:

11. Sanity2disChaos

Sad to say we haven't seen a good point guard since Steve Francis, smh...

I dont want lawson, too small.But I see morey going after him.

I would think Rondos hate for Dallas puts him in the 1c range.

I like Lowry as the first choice and then any guard under the radar/draft one.

12. bamfbamf

bamfbamf Member

Jeremy Lin is a FA

13. Sanity2disChaos

I do like J.Grant size and potential. Not flashy but gets it done...If he is available, you gotta get him.

he reminds me of S. Livingston, before the injury.

14. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Darren Collison.

Good contract. Good fit. If SAC is chasing Ty Lawson we should grab DC off them asap. Keep Bev as back up, split their minutes evenly.

DC is making around 5 mil for the next two years. I believe Bev will get roughly the same contract.

DC/BEV
    HARDEN/TERRY
    ARIZA/KJ
    DMO/SMITH
    HOWARD/CAPELA

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Bring back Aaron Brooks. Third time's the charm!

16. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i've felt this to be the right move for some time.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

If a smart business man let personal influence business decisions, then he'd be out of business.

Translation, it wouldn't be smart to rank Lawson #1 of all potential available PG's. Anyone who watches and knows the NBA, knows Lawson is the best PG out of the ones you've mentioned.

He'd put us over the top without a doubt, Lawson is that big time.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

You made me post it again.

[​IMG]

20. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Conley is my ideal pick as well I am just trying to be as realistic as possible... too many times on this board too many people create trades that will just never happen.

A lot of people are also willing to trade Ariza who I believe was a vital part of our success this season...

I would only trade Ariza if it meant LMA idk if I would even trade him for Kevin Love