1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard MVP OF THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE ROCKETS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rx1991, May 28, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden was playoffs MVP - even as ****ty as he played in the last game he was far and away the MVP.

DD

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

He's the real cornerstone.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Harden is the playoff MVP, not even close

Dwight played consistently fine, but he isn't a superstar anymore. He also was pathetic from the line and threw more hissy fits than anyone in the playoffs

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Dwight did pretty good. He is what he is at this point. A low bbiq athletic freak. We need a pf that can help him on the boards. He can't be the only one attempting to box people out down there. 20 orebs for the warriors is another big reason they owned us.

5. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Consistent but the problem with Dwight's game are more glaring that those of Harden's. He is a big man who has problems finishing in the post and an awful free throw shooter. Meaning you can't throw him the ball and get him to create anything because they'll all be low percentage.

Harden can make FTs and thus even when his shot is off, at least that part of his game is on.

If you think about how much he has had to shoulder this season being a prime offensive creator - own shots and shots for others, then you'll realise how important his game is.

Now if only he could develop a strong focused defensive game (we've seen flashes this year where he has been great - think that block on Draymond during the last game). But he loses focus on defense too easily.

Harden is MVP of our team, regular season and playoffs. No doubt.

Oh and Dwight commits too many stupid fouls. He almost got suspended for this game.

6. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Statistically one of the best PnR finishers in the entire league. Statistically one of the worst post scorers in the entire league.

Refuses to play PnR and demands post touches....GENIUS.

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Statistically one of the best PnR finishers in the entire league.
    Statistically one of the worst post scorers in the entire league.

Refuses to play PnR and demands post touches....GENIUS.

8. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

Talk about a low skill ceiling, this is his 11th year and he has added nothing to his repertoire, with no go-to moves in the paint. Even players like Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler who rely on brute strength like Howard have developed short jumpers to keep the defense honest.

9. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Bro if harden would be MVP we would have been out gm6 clippers series at best or maybe get swept. either way its proven nether can be the 1 option we need a real leader . Harden can be the 2 guy and Howard 3 guy.

10. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Bro i don't any player was ever consistent, but dwight did what we expected from his part, his teammates didn't tho.

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So SVG asking him not to post up during Orlando days have nothing to do with it, right?

How he could not get better at posting up with all the post up opportunities?

(sarsasm)

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

A year of Howard-Harden playing together will solidify them as a duo. I felt their chemistry was very off this year. When they learn to play together... for real... we will be unstoppable. Harden still had the - I have to carry this team mentality hence didn't have the wherewithall to make easy plays for others.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We have one more year of Howard while the FO plans how to replace him.

He dominated at times but also gave up a lot of TOs posting up. We couldn't keep him on the floor when the hacking started.

We will need to do better if we want to reach the NBA finals.

14. FaBo

FaBo Member

Harden was the reason we even got that far. Game 6 against the Clippers was an absolute exception and something like that will probably not happen again for another 20 years or so. I'm not saying that Dwight didn't give it all he had; however, his lack of offense can't be overlooked. I can only repeat what others already said: His FT-shooting is abysmal. In last year's playoffs he managed to shoot over 60%, if I remember correctly. But shooting only 41% on almost 10 attempts per game is terrible. I don't think some people realize just how much of a weakness that is. We lost almost 6 points per game on Howard's free throws alone. And don't even let me get started with his post-ups... my God, what happened there? Last year, he at least had a semblance of a post game with a (limited) repertoire of moves and countermoves, but this year all he did was back down his defender and finish with a hook shot. Now, I wouldn't complain if he made those shots, but we all saw the result.
    Don't get me wrong: I still think Howard is an important piece of our championship puzzle, but with his lack of offense, I can't really call him the Rockets' MVP of the playoffs. Of course, Harden has his shortcomings, too. Just look at games 3 and 5 against the Warriors. But I think that that has more to do with the fact that he IS our offense and has to shoulder the entire load offensively than with an actual weakness in his game. That's why we desperately need another playmaker, at least in my opinion, but that should be discussed elsewhere.

15. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

I didn't watch the game but i saw the box score. just what i thought harden folds under pressure. 2-11 field goals. superstar my ass.

16. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Harden was the MVP, but I do gotta give props to Howard. Could he have been better? sure. Could Harden been better? Sure. Can the Rockets do better? Yes. But they exceeded expectations.

Howard might be past his prime. But he's ok in my book. Even Harden for all his faults, he wears Rockets Red. No need to bash them. They get enough of that from the National media. Could be worst....... we could still be talking about how T.Mcgrady couldn't get outta the 1st round.

Time for Morey to get back to work. PG maybe? Another playmaker?

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This just about sums it up for me.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

whatever we had a 40 year old PG duo and our breakout player in Dmo was sidelined. They did alright, and Harden stepped up big in playoff games, albeit with the stinker in the closeout.

19. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

i3i3

1 person likes this.
  20. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

People have blinders on with harden. The guy is lazy on defense and cracks under pressure. People says he is good at assisting, if you have the ball 99% of the time with every play, you are bound to get an average of 6 to 7 assists. He's the point guard on the team. Basically the Rockets are playing 4 on 5 because Harden plays two positions during the game.
    2-11.what a joke. I rather have a post-season MVP then a regular season MVP.