1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/27/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2015.

1. Rocketfanatic2

Probably won't find many articles on that. You don't need to read anything to make you feel better about this game. You know we have it in us. We might've come up short in games 1 and 2 in Oakland but we were right there with them the whole time. As a franchise, we haven't lost a game 5 since the 08-09 season and Harden is 4-0 in game 5's as a Rocket (one on the road in Oklahoma City against the #1 seed after falling behind 3-0 ;)). There's something special about this team and we're all about to get to witness it. You have to approach it one game at a time, as if every game is the last game of the season. There is no reason to believe we can't take game 5. LET'S DO THIS.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dwight 28pts 16reb and James hits the game winner. See you Friday suckas!

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people here are optimistic, but a win here would be IMO the most shocking thing this entire season. And would only be topped by a game 7 win if we get that far.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The status of Curry is obviously central to the game tomorrow and the remainder of the series. He looked out of sorts throughout the second half and in the press conference. Even when he went on that small run he was not moving on offense much. If there are no residual symptoms will he be aggressive? He mentioned how scary the injury was numerous times.

5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Win or lose, I'm very proud of my team. They exceeded my expectations and shut a lot of critics up. With all the injuries we've dealt with I figured the season was doomed. They surprised the hell out of me.

"The Rockets won't make the playoffs." We won our division and made to the third round. That means we're one of the four elite teams in the NBA. That is a cool, cool feeling. I'll be with this team for life.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

I bet Howard will get a technical

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Expecting the season to end. At least one more bonus game with a win.

9. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Dwight needs a strong game, he's been due for 30+ game since I think Harden will be hounded even more.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Tomorrow Howard is going to be unleashed. He is going to prove that it is his time. He is gonna put this team on HIS shoulder and bring them back to Houston. No way he is gonna let this one slip. They have fought too hard. Their time is not yet up.

11. DenisM

DenisM Member

Does that mean that he will miss game 6, if there is game 6? I read somewhere that it would be his 8th technical and that means that he misses the next game?

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Yes, if he gets a technical and we win game 5. He will miss game 6.

13. atwood

atwood Member

Bring the game back to Houston!

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Woke up nervous AF.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dwight has to be on his best behavior. Winning Game 5 won't mean much if he picks up another tech or flagrant 1 and has to miss Game 6. There's no doubt in my mind Bogut and Green will go after him, so he has to avoid retaliating.

16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Well said brother!!:)

[​IMG]

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

obviously a lot of things will have to go right for us to win this game. odds are heavily against us. i'll be satisfied if our guys just play hard from start to finish.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Regardless of outcome, this team went far beyond almost everybody's expectations. Had the role players performed a bit better on the road, this series could have been 3-1 in favor of the good guys. Talking about role players, nobody can convince me that Bev and D-Mo would not have a difference in the ultimate outcome. They were not only role players, but also starters on this team.

Proud to be a Rockets fan.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Really hope Harden plays like he did game 4

have a feeling we lose tonight.....if tonight is the end i still love this team and its been a fun season

20. Indaface

Indaface Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Referees for tonight's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> - <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Warriors?src=hash">#Warriors</a> game 5 at GS: Ken Mauer, Tony Brothers, Ed Malloy</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/603537787753799681">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH