1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/925/harden-takes-out-frustrations-on-warriors

The reports about the trouble at last practice turned out to be true.
    Thanx cyber and Amir Johnson.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Dwight not feeling strip club burgers at 4AM the day of WCF games???:confused:

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think it just confirms that there might have been some yapping back and forth at practice, which may have been misconstrued

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It doesn't. But they obviously hate each other. I mean, just look at the disdain.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think they'll be alright

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shaquille O'Neal Threatened to Murder Kobe Bryant During the 2004 Season <a href="http://t.co/yERHveCWgG">http://t.co/yERHveCWgG</a> <a href="http://t.co/UgXNUoWJIa">pic.twitter.com/UgXNUoWJIa</a></p>&mdash; SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) <a href="https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/603258079774285824">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I'm sure there are issues with them, and other members. Harden likes to be out spending his money. Dwight likes the quiet laid back type of night. But when they are on the floor, I am sure they put those differences aside. Just like any other job, you deal with it.
    Howard to me has given it his all in each game. Harden kind of looked out of it game 3.
    Either way, winning cures everything, on to GS to win and bring it back home.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Read the thread beyond the first page. Cyber said about some comments Harden during film sessions and taking his frustration out on Howard and Amir Johnson said they can't get through a practice without fighting.
    So that is confirmed.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow. I'm 100% sure you took that quote completely the wrong way.

11. malakas

malakas Member

what is the right way?

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Consistency means fans want Harden to average 37 points for all 4 games, instead of 3 out of 4.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Uhhhhh.... Ok

The only part of that article you could remotely point to is this quote from McHale-

All I got from that was.... James was unhappy.... and took out his frustration on Golden State last night.

Maybe there is a subtle hint that "in the past" James has been unhappy and took out his frustration elsewhere, but last night McHale was apparently applauding him for taking it out on the other team. Even then, you are stretching if you link the two together.

Even then, we glorify guys like Jordan, and pre-Dwight Kobe for being complete A-holes to the Smush Parker's and BJ Armstrong's but Harden isn't allowed to be frustrated, and voice his displeasure with other teammates not holding up their end of the bargain?

Some guys here want him to have a killer Jordan mind-set to the game, but then chastise him the moment it might actually happen in a playoff series. I don't really know what people want from this guy, and at the same time I don't really know what people want from Dwight. The guy is who he is from a personality standpoint, but on the court, the guy obviously is doing his part and some. He even gets emotional enough to be deemed too emotional when he get's frustrated himself and retaliates for stupid T's.

I appreciate the info that Cyber gives us, but its funny how he presents a Rorschach picture where dramatic fans take the report wherever they want to take it. You guys have to learn to say "That's interesting... Thanks for the Info Cyberx", and decipher the report from actual reality. You don't know the context of the source, and motive from which they are releasing info.

I'm not discrediting Cyber or anything but you guys just need to be educated about it. This is the guy who said just weeks ago that "Sergio Llull is Penciled in As The Rockets Starter Next Year", and then hears a rumor just the other day that "He's happy over in Europe and Staying". He Cyber hears things through a source, and repeats. Sometimes those rumors are flat on the nose, and sometimes they are a Rorschach that you have to make your own educated opinion on.

This probably has some truth to it (Harden and Howard were never friends to begin with), but is presented in a way that absolutely screams Rorschach with questionable timing.

(kind of like the timing after a bad loss where apparently he quoted a conversation between Morey and McHale that painted McHale in a negative light)

#633 dobro1229, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would read the first sentence as "and he took it out [on GSW], but that's what you've got to do. It doesn't do any good to take it out on the trainer and your teammates and your coach. You take it out on the other team, and he did it."

That to me makes more sense than a scenario where Harden yelled at the trainers and players and coaches at a practice. But I wasn't there so who knows.

15. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Hey I don't mind a player getting angry at practice, I just thought those comments by McHale might be an indication of what happened and cyber x alluded to with the film session comments. Nothing more, nothing less. We're in the WCF and so did Robinson and Rodman so as long as they being their a A game and play the game together, regardless of what was said during practice, it's fine with me.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Curry was way more efficient this year than last year.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

This is ridiculous. What's your take on this "feeling"? Any one watch games know Howard is not soft.

Don't believe in this media-hype F***ing ****.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Why all the Dwight love over Harden?

First let me clarify - it's not like we have to pick right now anyway. I root for both. It's the WCF. No time for disteCtions. Dwight's rim rocking dunks are a pleasure to watch, as is his elite rim protection.

Second, Harden is the most singular talent we've had here since Hakeem. He is the main reason we are here in the WCF. If he's not a goofy happy go lucky teammate, who cares??? We want a trophy, not a Kumbaya. Any and all Harden hate is misplaced, and if you turn on him after game 3, don't pretend you're his best friend when he takes us to the promised land.

Third - as much as I want to root for Dwight, I am sick of his dumb fouls, lack of composure, goofy smile every time he misses free throws, joking while down 40, lack of seriousness, and awful post play. He's really hard to root for - but he's a Rocket so you do. We shouldn't need to pick between the two, a little conflict doesn't mean they are ready to split, but if I did have to pick I know who's the better talent and who took us to this point this season (hint: not Dwight).

19. malakas

malakas Member

A subtle hint? LOl how about a clear confirmation?
    He took it out on the trainer/teammates and now he took it out on GSW as he should.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This thread only serves one purpose and it's not to unite CF's!

GO ROCKETS!!!

1 person likes this.