1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Dwight get suspended for game 5..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Really think the thing that will save Howard was having a open Hand rather than a closed fist

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This. Was a dumb play by Dwight at this point but can't let Bogut get under his skin like that. I can't lie though, it was satisfying for the moment seeing Bogut hit upside the head.

3. Nook

Nook Member

You mean the same media organization that has pushed the Warriors extremely hard and the narrative of Curry? The same organization that wants sensational headlines to make money? Do you view ESPN and their stable of blowhards as objective?
    It is a red herring, what happened between Howard and Bogut is very very very different than what happened between Rudy T and Kermit. It is like getting in a fender bender and comparing it to Princess Di's car wreck.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the rule is a clenched fist, dwight's fist wasn't clenched, really all he did was push him in the face

Chandler swung at the back of Dwight's head with a clenched fist and the nba ruled it was nothing.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are comparing a clear out arm with a vicious and direct punch to the face. That's ridiculous DD. I just can't believe that kind of hyperbole would come from you.

I mean, what the heck is up with that?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It would be a flagrant 2 if Dwight hit a person in the face. However, Dwight did not hit a person, he hit Andrew Bogut, who does not deserve to be treated like a person.

1 person likes this.
  7. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

DD reverse jinxing a suspension. Bloody amateurs.:p

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Well DeAndre Jordan ran at Dwight and threw a closed fist punch that hit him in the back of the shoulder...& the NBA did nothing.

Let's see if they are consistent...

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

This. I don't get some of you people. You expect the worst and you won't be disappointed

10. keez857

keez857 Member

If they review this one, why not go back and review the other flagrant calls? :mad:

11. Houston_Rockets

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eW6DPUEMhgU/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ebBrXMQQWDq/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Did ESPN really say these two plays are similar?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently ESPN and DD.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That's attempted murder according to DD.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Wow, so there is an international conspiracy involving the mainstream media and a multinational corporation in the NBA all colluding to get Golden State in the Finals? The Warriors themselves have nothing to do with it? Lol, I sure hope they don't drug test at your job, because you would fail. And you have nerve to question someone else and ask them if they're being serious...unbelievable.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if dwight threw a blow like jr did, bogut would have been laid out too

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I would tell the ref a couple of times, then tell him if he doesn't stop it you will....then give Bogut the elbow.

Saw a pf from Pitt play in the pre NBDL days on a team in Montana: Sam Clancy. He broke a guys face once. When asked after the game what happened, he said "he pushed me, so I pushed him back. He said something, so I said something back. Then he bowed me, so I decked him."

(TheresTheDagger, you know what I'm talkin' about!)

1 person likes this.
  17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

if it's changed i would be deeply concerned for this league - would be a joke. he retaliated after being borderline raped.

18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight said he didnt touch him in postgame

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This **** should be downgraded to a common foul

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Can someone compile a video of all flagrant and techs he's had this postseason? The majority of them have been total BS. If he misses Game 5 because of it it just shows the NBA is rigged.