1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

My thoughts exactly! To add: cyber initial post was as if Howard is isolating himself from the team with the rest questioning his desire, which is a big deal. Now it's all of a sudden no big deal?

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

They both seem to make sense. From what they are saying, Howard and Harden don't hang out much. They are for the most part "cool" but the tension of the playoffs have brought out higher emotions from both of them.

I doubt any insider will say even how many degrees of separation, especially if they were in the room and heard it first hand because then it would be easy to narrow down the possible "leaks."

3. Houston_Rockets

You know what is funny, a big percentage of NBA fans and probably players call D12 soft, and yet, they get all worked up about the fact that Dwight smiles a lot, when fact is, when the orange round thing is in play, there is no Center in this league, that gets more rebounds, blocks, and impacts a team more defensively then him, yet the serious faced scrubs get absolutely dominated by him on these effort/passion of the game like stats.

I donĀ“t know, nor I care if these guys are best friends, but if all of them played with the same effort as this "soft" D12, we would probably be winning against the "one of the best teams of all time" GSW.

1 person likes this.
  4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Dwight may have been laughing on the bench but he didn't dodge the media, skip post shoot around, and then go to the drake concert.

https://instagram.com/p/3HNxifn_2D/

Hardens nephew

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm missing where it shows James was at that concert.

Looks like he just got tickets for his nephew to me.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...people are upset that Harden bought tickets to a concert? Is that where we're at?

7. Scionxa

That's a very valid point but there's another post on here that shows Harden was there.

Btw this is for last night, and not the night before where Lin fans were claiming he was doing coke at v-live

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hell is about to freeze over here but I actually agree with Holic on this one.

A rift isn't surprising, but that doesn't mean anything long term. These two guys are married to each other on the court but that doesn't mean they need to be best friends off of it.

Yes it's possible that one of these two asks for a trade this offseason but that's so unlikely it's not worth worrying about. They are smart enough and have smart enough people advising them to know they both won't find a better basketball situation anywhere else.

Howard and Harden weren't friends when they both signed up for the partnership but bigger things unite them. A long summer will probably help as well.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're right, I just saw the other post supposedly showing him backstage.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dude, you aren't even a Rockets fan. Chill on the name calling and giving orders on what people can and cannot do on a board for Rockets fans. That is becoming increasingly annoying.

11. Scionxa

People are saying that backstage post may be fake. It may be.

However take this with a grain of salt but I just asked hardens nephew if Harden was at the concert last night (politely) and he removed my comment and blocked me. fWIW

12. basketballholic

The frustration of knowing you're going down and can't do a thing about it. They know it. They made this big huge adjustment to switch everybody on Curry and Curry murdered us anyways.

We're a defender short and a couple shooters short to be able to compete and have a chance to beat these guys. Harden knows they're done. He can't beat 4 defenders single-handedly. Yet there is no question that our best shot at scoring the ball is for Harden to run clock,break down his defender and nail a 16-18 foot step-back jumper, a shot we seek to avoid.

Dwight knows too. And he's looking for somebody to share the blame for another playoff failure.

The truth is both Harden and Howard have played their tails off this whole post season. The problem is when we finally go down they'll get accused of underperforming. In fact we're not even done yet and it`s already happening, right here in the best fan forum on the planet.

The next truth is this season was a patch job by Morey. He was faced with patching this team together after ripping it open to make room for Chris Bosh. Ariza, Brewer, Smith, Dorsey, Pablo, and Jet were all a patch job. Even with that huge patch job AND Dwight going down for half the season PLUS DMo going down before the playoffs AND Bev struggling with his health all season and eventually succumbing to his injuries, even with all that adversity we still wound up in the final 4. That's a testament to James` greatness and our system.

Morey will have another opportunity to build this team out this summer. ....And next. We need much better shooters around Harden. We need Bev to regain his 2013-14 form defensively if he's going to be here. He'll probably have to take a one-year deal. And we need Dwight to become the third best player on this team.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think CyberX is laughing at how CF is reacting/over-reacting.

uhhh ... let's go back to commenting on basketball. Even the team doesn't own players' private time; we fans certainly don't have a right to criticize how they live their life. As long as they don't do anything illegal or violates their contract.

1 person likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

I am a Rockets fan too and I suggest you take your own advice and dont' tell me what I can and cannot do. You are welcome to put me on ignore if I annoy you.

15. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Did the OP update his cliff hanger gossip-column post, or should I stop wasting my time reading these pages?

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Noice

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh noes! He dodged the media! He went to a concert! Oh noes!

Oh noes, Dwight & James don't eat together or hang out! Oh noes!

Y'all live for TMEZPN. You eat it up like BBQ chicken.

For as much as you say "Who cares?", YOU obviously do. 750+ replies between the two threads. :grin:

Stop worrying about what these men do in their off time.

"Kyle Lowry needs to put down Call of Duty and back to working on his jump shot!"

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

A lot of this makes sense. And a lot of this doesn't make sense.

Sense:

I think James so badly wants to be the man, he may not like it when Dwight is vocal or a leader. We already know James is a bit insecure.

If JET and harden are tight, maybe there is some beef now since Howard was calling terry out a lot last game.

Maybe there is something behind the last couple times in the playoffs where mchale has said "we need to get the ball to Dwight in the post more". Maybe Dwight is asking for his and other players don't feel it works.

I also noticed what another poster said, that Dwight struggles to give James compliments. That's been happening all season.

There was also that ESPN report about how Howard was sulking too much after his injury in game 1. Stating that his teammates were more focused on consoling him than the game, indicating Dwight being to emotional or soft.

Non sense:

How would the rest of the team think Dwight is soft? Harden pouted for 4 games after not winning the MVP. And as much as I love him for game 1 and 2, you could see how crushed he was mentally after that last play in GS. Everyone knew he wasn't going to bring it the next game. Nobody on the team is talking about that?

If harden is questioning Howard's laughing in a game, then why is he skipping out in post practice shoot around?

Dwight has been our best player this post season, so I don't get that part at all.

Conclusion:

We have had a successful season, hard to fire mchale for that. Maybe this is managements way of tryin to create a reason to can him? He lost his locker room? Can't keep his stars together? Maybe that's just wishful thinking from me.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So do they eat with DMo or not?