1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

I would like to report that Harden and Howard got into seperate vehicles after the game and went to their seperate homes! Houston has a problem!

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Howard needs to bring his kids on stage after the game and show everyone how seriously he takes the playoffs.

3. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

This just in, Dwight Howard and James Harden does not go shopping together at the mall!!!! "Obviously they hate each other" states a undisclosed source who may or may not be close to the situation. More to come

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If Howard wants out, I say send him packing as well as McHale. Coach cant allow his superstars to be having sissy fits in the midst of the most important games this franchise has seen in 2 decades. Embarassing.

Wasnt there rumblings that DMC wasnt in the plans for Karl in SacTown? See if they bite on a Howard/Ariza/TJones/Picks kind of deal for Cousins.

You have to treat the cancer before it spreads.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There's not enough room on the stage!

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They don't really seem like the type to be best buddies in the first place. No surprise, really. question is, does it mean they can't be team mates and do their job together?

Who knows, but one thing is for sure, those two aren't our biggest problems on the court. Maybe it prevents them from being as great as they seem like they should be together, and I have issues with parts of how each of them play the game at times, but we have bigger problems, I'd think, than whether or not those two go out together or eat at the same table.

7. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

8. PJ86

PJ86 Member

This is indeed where we need a leader. I have to agree with both: Harden gives up too easily and Dwight joking around is easy to see as not caring. The former is far more concerning and a lot worse though.

Cyberx: I think you are telling the truth, but you have to agree, to just drop a bomb like this and then not clarify and only now say it's probably not a big deal is a bit odd. Why not wait until you have more info? You knew how people would react and take sides and all that, so you must get some joy out of delivering this news to us which is kind of a dick move.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Careful, I got neg-repped and called a name for expressing an opinion on the validity of his info.....

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this

plus losing sucks, especially being down 3-0 in the WCF with 2 frustrating losses and a blowout at home. I'd be surprised if they didn't give a shet about it and there was no emotion

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Heard this last night and I give it to you as I get it. Just take it for what it is.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's obviously not a big deal. Obviously thank you for any inside info you have and we all appreciate you, but really this isn't noteable. I hope people don't jump off a cliff with this.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Howard causing rifts is nothing new...Orlando, LA and now Houston

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with this take and maybe have a stronger take.

We really have appreciated insider information about possible roster moves, player health, and conversations related to basketball.

This personality stuff, however, (for me at least), feels more like TMZ and I don't really welcome it. I believe cyberx when he says he doesn't want to get people "all worked up," but that's really the ONLY thing that can come from information like this.

There are a number of people I work with that I would NEVER want to spend an extra social minute with, but we do just fine in getting our jobs done. Also, who the hell is getting along when you're getting skunked in the WCF? Everybody on the team should be mad and chippy.

15. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

you guys gossip like teenage girls! Honestly probably not a big deal? Why bring it up then???

16. egr281

egr281 Member

I no dwight can be goofy but ive never known Dwight to not be serious about winning, you dont have to go all westbrook crazy on the floor to show it. Dwight has been playing some inspired ball in these playoffs. I cannot say since dwight has been here he has done anything to show he isnt all about the team, thats all the guy talks about is the team over everything. Drop the narrative you guys have against dwight and you'll see he is an excellent teammate. James on the other hand is still learning what it all means i think, he plays in spurts and in these playoffs you have to be prepared to give it your all for a full 48 on both sides. Im tired of hearing this he has to conserve on defense to save for offense crap its BS if he cant be a 2 way player consistently then we need someone else and its as simple as that. The reason hes so tired is he does no work off of the ball to get himself easier shots he wants everything at the top of the key and to dribble 18 seconds and make it harder than it has to be. I seriously hop james figures it all out though.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

These are my sentiments. My biggest problem with this thread other than it being gossipy is the timing of it. It's creating a negative distraction and turning a possible non issue into a bigger issue then it needs to be. Does it really matter if Harden and Howard are not BFFs? This is some high school **** here.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Agreed 100%. I am open to any and all inside info, but this "people are annoyed with each other!" stuff is hardly even info. It happens, especially when losing. It's not surprising this thread wasn't posted when we were coming back against the Clippers.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What has been going on a few months? Them not hanging out?

Dwight and Harden never really hang out. Dwight said it awhile back. It's not a big deal.

20. daernoth

daernoth Member

Thanks for that info. :)

To me cyberx's info almost sounds like some of the players are looking for a scapegoat and DHoward may be an easy target because of his personality.