1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Succesful post-season if we get blown out in game 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PJ86, May 23, 2015.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Getting to the conference finals without two of our starters? Especially without Bev who is a lockdown defender? I'd say NB. Not bad. Replace Priggs with Bev and Jones with Dmo and this series would be very different. Not to say we'd win, but we sure as hell wouldn't be 3-0 I'm pretty confident in that.

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Thanks for giving me some perspective guys, we have indeed overachieved but it's hard seeing your team so outclassed and roll over the way we did. People say we didn't quit today, but we didn't exactly bring the right effort except for Dwight. We showed very little belief in our ability to score and respected their defense way too much. The Warriors are great, but I still want us to show up and fight and win at least game 4. That's all I want, to leave the post season with our heads held high and on a positive note.

3. gigantism

gigantism Member

We embarrassed the Mavs and utterly destroyed their hopes of future contention for the next several years. After that I told myself that everything after that was a bonus and to enjoy the ride without any expectations. So yes, I think it was a success.

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Bad nights aren't about not believing in yourself or bringing the effort. Anybody who plays basketball understands that. Some days you shoot and you can't miss or the opponent throws a couple passes that you gamble on and get the steal over and over. Then there's days where no matter how much you're trying you just can't get a ball to hit the bottom of the net and people aren't passing the ball near you or a rebound just isn't going straight to you. Sometimes you can't help it. That's why there's never been a perfect season by any team

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think we should at least end the series on their home court.

Preferably with us ending them

1 person likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Time to go on a 8-0 run.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

We had the number 2 seed and made it to the Conference Finals a year after getting knocked out of the first round and losing some key role players in the offseason and two starters this post-season. Even if we get swept, this year was a success. However, next season it's Finals or bust.

8. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Then I would day that your thoughts are not rational. While it is not the "ultimate" success in winning the NBA championship, it is a pretty dang good run to get the WCF especially given the rash amount of injuries to two key, and some would say undermanned, positions in the PF and PG spots.

Give some credit to GSW, they are dang good team with depth and Kerr has them clicking on all cylinders right now.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Before the season most would have considered making the WCF with a fully healthy roster a successful season, making the WCF while missing two starters? How could that be anything but a success?

1 person likes this.
  10. bmd

bmd Member

Finishing in the Western Conference Finals is not mediocrity.

This is a very successful season well above mediocrity. There are only 4 teams left. This is the championship of the Western Conference.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

WCF GREAT ACHIEMENT

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Very successful. Rockets were missing two major players. And to beat a more talented team in the way that they did was something we can take pride in. They had their opportunity to make this a series in Game 2. But the Warriors are an outstanding basketball team on their way to becoming a historic championship team.

13. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

The Warriors are one of the best teams in history. This season was a success. We're finishing as the second best team in the league (unless you'd take a crippled Cavs team over us), and that's pretty great.

14. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Of course

Given our injury situation this entire season and playoffs, it's definitely a success

15. torocan

torocan Member

Exiting in the CF's after being bounced in the 2nd round in the previous year is a solid play off run.

Being swept 4-0 sucks, but against the prohibitive favorite it's not any worse than Portland getting manhandled by the Spurs in the 2nd round last year.

Can't really complain if it ends this round. It's solid, not spectacular, but by no means was it a bad or disappointing year.

1 person likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We have an insane GM.

Clueless coach.

1 alcoholic superstar and 1 superstar who doesn't really care all that much to be serious in games.

Still made the conference finals.

1 person likes this.
  17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yes, so long as they're fighting. Again, what I saw last night wasn't rolling over. It was just flat-out getting outplayed and GSW having made solid adjustments on Harden -- but I didn't see the total apathy I saw in parts of the Clips series.

I keep repeating this, but if you were here from day 1 of preseason trying to convince yourself Jeff Adrien and Ish Smith could be difference-makers -- you're nuts if you don't consider a run to the WCF a success.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Also this, per CF. Put this on a tshirt.

1 person likes this.
  19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You don't think that Lillard shot motivated Harden over the summer to become better/great?

I think getting punched in the mouth by the Warriors, especially since it was Steph Curry, could be the best thing to happen to the Rockets going into the offseason.

I want Harden and the rest of the team to be pissed. That's exactly the kind of thing that can fuel the next push towards greatness.

Plus, guys like LMA and Durant should be looking at what this team is doing with just Harden, some of Howard, and a supporting cast of dudes, and thinking that they want to get in on that action.

Mostly people would put our success this season "ahead of schedule," whatever that means, so yes, it was an unmitigated success, win or lose.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Great season! And we're only gonna get better next year with an upgrade at PG and hopefully a healthy team.