1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/23/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 22, 2015.

1. DynastySS

DynastySS Member

That rebound was the point I knew this game was over.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Warriors beat up the Rockests with both Bev and DMo in regular season.

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Rockets bent over, I have no respect for anyone on that court tonight except for Dwight. Getting swept is one thing, quiting is another. We are a mentally fragile team, even with that historic comeback. It seems that Harden dropping to his knees at the end of game 2 is where we gave up. Your best player loses hope, that's it, the rest follows.

I can understand why the team is having a hard time with Curry in particular, since our coaches have still made zero adjustments to guarding him, so at some point you're like: what can we do more as players who are instructed to do something a certain way? This is where you look for a leader on the court and even abandon the game plan if necessary. We do not have one, that is clear as day, and I hate how we have yet another big mouth this year who is not backing it up with his play: Terry.

This team needs a mentality change and it starts with McHale and Harden, Dwight is right there but also needs to learn from this. Maybe he should say it's his team and lead by example, I don't know. Something needs to change for next year, but I doubt this team can win a championship. Morey needs to do a lot of work if he wants that 3pt reliant, simple offense to work. Having so many terrible FT and 3pt shooters is not going to cut it.

That being said, even if you feel you're outtalented or whatever, not fighting and not bringing the effort on YOUR HOME FLOOR in the freaking WC FINALS after almost winning both games on the road IS INEXCUSABLE!!! It's like they believe they gave it all they had, similar to Clippers series and have just mentally broken down. How is this team so easily in disbelief of their own skills? That 90s team believed in themselves, these guys do not. That's the biggest difference I'm seeing.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope the Rockets watch Curry boxing out Dwight over and over.

I'm not even going to be too hard on Dwight there. He's so much bigger than him and probably just didn't see him and as was pointed out, Curry's butt was in his knee area.

With all that said..it displays the power of fundamentally boxing out and using the correct body parts to make it that much harder for your opponent to get that rebound.

I just imagine how well this team could clean the glass if they would box out every now and then like that.

5. gogispade

gogispade Member

How were we soo close on enemy territory but got killed on our home land??

6. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Harden should have boxed Curry out.:mad:

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How in the world do you fight your hearts out in Cali but come home and don't give any effort in front of your home crowd. This is mind boggling to me good peeps. I can not believe what I saw last night. Unfreakingbelievable. Don't get me wrong here, I am truly proud of this team. But come on show some pride and heart. Only Dwight looked like he was ready from the start.

Give GS credit, they showed killer instinct, passion and drive last night. They picked up on our lackluster energy and pounced on our throat for the killing blow. They are indeed a much better team than us. Hopefully we're able to win at least 1.

8. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

From the Video, Harden was effortless in defensive side. I don't think we can win any championship without hardworking star. Howard, Terry and Ariza were trying. But Harden and Smith are too lazy.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

simple ... they cut the head of the snake--Harden.

Just as much an argument for Harden as MVP. This team is so dependent on Harden he has an off game, we die out there.

Howard isn't going to win us games. It's still Harden, but they really zoned him out, sending double and triple teams. It's a system failure.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He did seem like he had a hangover. And his shot was way off so many times for a reason.

11. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Harden is just so lazy on defense. He had been (until yesterday) marvelous this series on offense, but he needs to give more effort defensively. Yes, he racks up the steals but if you notice, it's rarely because he pickpockets the player he is guarding.. Usually by gambling, being in the passing lane, or someone else deflects it and he catches it.

He allows players to blow by him all the time, and once they do, he gives up on the play. No box out. So frustrating.

Love this team, but he needs to be better. Can't just be a one way player... I mean, you can, but you want your leader to fight hard on both ends

12. anchel

anchel Member

Harden is not changing his approach while McHale is coaching him. Neither the whole team will do it (you never know when the Rockets are coming out ready to play or not).
    This team is playing the WFC by accident, is not better than Clippers, Spurs, probably neither Memphis, and basketball people knows that.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

look at curry's right arm pulling down howard's arm.

how is someone supposed to rebound?

14. autoprt

autoprt Member

this is when our head coach and assistants pour through tape and analyze weaknesses and we at least make this interesting and make it 3-2. If Rockets can at least do that I can totally respect what they did this year. I am pleased by how far they got but this series is leaving a really bad taste.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mario Elie can instill better defensive discipline, and hold Harden responsible on defense. Bring him in as the chief assistant to McHale.

1 person likes this.
  16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Watching us get out-hustled was the worst part of this debacle. Could not believe my eyes. Utterly incomprehensible. When finally comprehended: disgusting.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

GSW was up 2-0 but they were the ones who changed their defense on Harden.

Meanwhile we were down, but still played the same way. wtf

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Terry should have boxed Curry out. That's his man

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Terry sucked, Smith sucked, ariza sucked, harden really sucked, Dwight sucked, tj sucked, capella sucked, prigs is in the doghouse so he sucked, brewer sucked.

Towel boy sucked, announcer sucked, concession dudes sucked.

Did I miss anybody?

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bring him in as head coach :eek: