1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry Out of Bounds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Man, May 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ah yeah I guess that's right. Thanks

2. ibm

ibm Member

just curious about the last-2-minute rule. what exactly is it? we've seen them review 3's and fouls and stuff plenty of times b4 the last 2 minute time.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Coach challenge like NFL is needed.

What irk me about that call is, the Refs didn't huddle to try to get it right. They just moved on. It clearly look out on Curry during live play and Curry knew it was out on him.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Curry out of bounds call is bad. Really bad.

But how the hell is that not a foul on Draymond Green? Are you serious? Come on! He jumped into Terrence Jones (TJ had position) and then pulled some sort of karate kid, sweep the leg crap as he was (once again) flopping to the ground while simultaneously bringing the Rockets player down. It is ridiculous and mind-numbingly stupid that he can get away with such cheap plays!

1 person likes this.
  5. Normalus

Normalus Member

they can review it was a 3 or a 2 if they signal it right after shot (they review it during time-outs or right away if it's a clutch time), they also review fouls right away if there's a chance of flagrant foul. Clutch plays such as above one is reviewed only at the last 2 minutes (clutch time)

6. ibm

ibm Member

o...k. thanks for the info, but it doesnt make a lot sense to me if this is it.

if they're afraid the game goes on for too long, they can borrow a clue from football and allow coach's challenge.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I didn't see the midcourt referee run up to the baseline guy like usual, so I'm guessing he missed it.

The baseline dude was literally right there, I don't get how he blew it so badly. If you freeze the vine it appears he is looking down at the ball as it bounces off Curry's foot.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Regardless, it's obvious so far that we've needed to play better to win both of these games so far with the way things are going. We're making enough mistakes that we should be able to overcome this, and so far have not. I suspect things will improve in the next game, but it won't get much easier.

It seems clear the refs have been saying one of two things...

1) home team is going to get the benefit of officiating, and the away team has to earn the game beyond reproach (we'll see if that's true in a couple of days but I doubt this)

2) The Warriors are the media and national favorite, and the Rockets are going to have to take the wins they get without the benefit of the officials giving them close, or even fair, calls.

Screens like that one curry did last night pushing brewer 5 feet backwards with both hands, game 1 where we didn't get the "away from the ball" foul call, Ariza getting flopped on, tackled and held down, and the obvious blown/incorrect out of bounds call last night 3 feet in front of the official... these are all just a bit much beyond "human error" and "some calls don't bounce your way."

It's disgusting, but you have to want to overcome it. A lot of rockets aren't playing to their potential, and many mistakes that we shouldn't be making are getting made (Josh Smith's entire first quarter for instance). We can do better, a lot better.

I still say GS should be nervous.... I thought the Clippers took advantage of the officiating but the Warriors appear to have been coached to cheat with the league officials blessings. Only one way to beat that, that's team effort domination.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

GS seems to have an amazing ability to run into people legally.

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

What I don't like is the inconsistency on those 2 plays: they clearly let Green get away with it because he was aggressive. Then on the Curry play, it seems they give Curry the ball because Brewer was pretty aggressive. It's not on the conspiracy level unlike game 1, the referees had some bad calls both ways, but sure is very unfortunate.

11. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

How come this is not a foul on Green ????????

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Because the refs say it's not.

13. onreego

onreego Member

We complain a lot about other refs but I noticed that Monty McCutchen swallows the whistle a lot with the Rockets.

There was that one foul that he clearly saw under Houston's basket and the official from half court had to call it because Monty is apparently drinking the Warriors Koolaid

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because **** Houston and their terrible non jersey buying fans.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Draymond Green keeps getting away with literal NFL penalties. It's just mind-numbing and infuriating.

16. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

yeah, game 1 samething happened, and it was off klay. last night was off curry clearly. thats the game right there, and Green fouled jones on that reb attempt, it was over the back. worst officating ever.

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

who was that ref at the baseline? he was just few feet away from curry, how could you miss that? i just want ****ing murder these mofos.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

The league is trash! Their needs to be a challenge process. Refs need to start getting fined for missing plays!!!

19. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

It is like this if you look at when after the first game, I posted the REF's and NOT calling those moving screens, Curry never is getting called for a foul, and at the end of the game 2 Curry fouled Harden plus the ball when off him, THIS IS BAD.. they wanted Golden State to win point blank.

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

AND WHY ARE THERE NO LAST 2 MINUTE OFFICIAL REPORTS FOR ANY OF THE ROCKETS GAMES DURING THE SEMI FINALS AND NOW WCF?

This screams fixed, conspiracy, intentional trash league sheeeet!!!