1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A bittersweet Congrats to James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxfreak724, May 22, 2015.

1. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Honestly, if anyone ever in any future threads questions harden's desire to win they should just be banned, especially after games 1 and 2. Game 2's performance was quite simply "Olajuwon level"

2. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

tbh, I remember that FT cuz I'm pretty sure I jinxed it. I was introducing my nephew to basketball today and I told him that Harden shot 90% from the line, no way he would miss. And wouldn't you f***ing know it, he misses the first one. Also, the constant ESPN stat display jinxing and Mike Breen talking doesn't help, though Harden seems to have developed an immunity...

3. Asian Sensation

And to think we never would've seen this performance or game 1 or 7 against the Clips if our role players didn't bail us out in game 6. Imagine the script if we got eliminated in 6 and Harden stayed on the bench??

It's time for Brew, Smith, Terry, and Jones to step up big time at home and help out Harden again. Heard Terry and few others did their part so far by telling Harden to keep his head up in the locker room after the game. Now it's time for them to step up and protect our home. Keep fighting for each other!

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

pfft, all this talk about how well Thompson is defending James.

Redick did a much better job than Thompson. Harden was struggling more against Redick than Thompson.

I guess they're going to say "Well, Redick had Jordan."

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This is why Harden is the MVP in my eyes. Curry doesn't have to work as hard and this series clearly shows Harden is the better player, while curry is a better 3 point shooter.

6. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

Harden had a mind lock in not attacking deandre jordan in the paint. jj knows this so he gaurd harden knowing what his move is going to be.

Harden is way more agressive this series I can tell he has a thirst to win. When harden is using his sneaky athleticism no one can gaurd him

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Matriculation ... Harden needs to go through growing pains so he can learn how to carry the team in the playoffs. If only we had a Dragic ...

but no matter, the team is not complete, we still need pieces. Do the best we can, so Morey can decide what holes to plug.

Win or lose, I'm proud that we have learned how to fight after that Clippers series.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, it was not there in Games 3 and 4 in the Clippers series. He learned something from his teammates and he has been fighting ever since. All that we ask

9. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Where has this Harden been all playoffs long?

He has played 10 times better in the last 2 games than he did in the last 2 rounds.

If he played like this in the 1st and 2nd round, Rockets could have got more rest and chance to prepare better for the Warriors in the WCFs.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The real test is if Harden comes out after a heartbreaking loss with even more fire in his game.

That's the real test of his playoff growth. We need to win.

Just like last series, I hope we get the good JSmith in HOU. He's really up and down.

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Harden is averaging a near triple double in the series against a great defensive team and we've been in both games on the road. I am very impressed and feel confident we can take 2 at home if we just come out to play for 48 minutes. Harden on defense was good today, but has to limit those lapses that our whole team is suffering from.

12. 9495

9495 Member

Don't worry guys. The team with the best player will win a 7-game series.

13. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Harden's been the best player on the floor through two games.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

honestly, i think he's been the best player left in the playoffs.

Dude has taken it up another level!

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is doing his Olajuwon impression

16. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

consolations.. just to keep with the theme thread... the good thing about being down 0-2.. that means there is at least 2 more games to play. there is time for redemption... we'll see how this anger boils over to the next game.

17. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Harden is just the sixth player in NBA history to have at least 38 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists in a playoff game, joining LeBron, Jordan, Barkley, Magic and Brad Daugherty. Harden, Barkley and Jordan are the only ones to do it in the Conference Finals or later.

1 person likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, no Bird

Harden is ballin his arse off.

He's a highlight reel and doing it on a national stage.

Big props to him.
    Keep it up, playa :cool:

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't know why everybody doesn't use the same game plan the Clippers do, it's clearly the best Harden stopping D.

Golden St. thinks their guys can hold him individually and they can't, nobody can. Unless they change it up he's gonna keep going off.

20. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Harden could have had a triple double if he passed it to TJ at the end, he was streaking wide open down the lane before Harden passed it to Howard.